Back to Work! - Ch. 14 - Reason For Break-Up (1)

Fed-Kun's army
Kind of feel bad for him ngl, if you don't love someone anymore you should break up with them, like what else are you supposed to do?
Also this whole "I'm going to snitch on you to your mom for liking someone else" sounds kind of manipulative to me. Noa, you got to just pick up the leftover pieces and move on.

@Soleil119 You be an adult and respectful. You don't string someone along who cares about you (and therefore makes excuses for your inconsistent behaviour) for 7 years. The parents thing is literally because they've been together so long everyone has accepted them together and their families already approved their eventual wedding. She's not being manipulative so much as extremely desperate and emotional after his callousness.

I don't feel sorry for players who string someone sincere along for years just because they haven't found someone better yet. He deserves to be dragged for deceiving her, crushing her, and wasting her precious time. Now he's further gaslighting her by pretending she's the one being unusual and not him, the guy who calmly ends a long, seemingly healthy relationship.

I don't even like Noa and he made me upset.

Noa.....no. Just leave this dude. He's not worth it.

@Soleil119 I agree and I hope Noa's not gonna do some tactic just to keep him, 'cause god not worth it. Though I do think him dropping the "let's break up" ball so abruptly was such a dumb idea, he could let her get home that day and idk talk through it some other day? Because of course she wouldn't be satisfied with just that, and of course she'd feel blindsided. He's waiting for his feelings for Noa to disappear but what about Noa? He did it just for his convenience.

Fed-Kun's army
It kinda annoys me seeing Noa acting that way, she went as far to kneel down for him just because she doesn't want him to break up with her. She just gave much than he did to their relationship, Noa went all the way to see him to talk and he just leaves her alone in his department. He obviously doesn't deserve her, please have some dignity and accept the break up.
I just want to see the fl soon.

@Soleil119 I guess that kind of character imperfections is what makes this realistic. I mean, just think about it- she's away in some big city working a 9-5 job while she misses her boyfriend so badly. And well, he's also alone and working hard too, but can you really say studying is any tougher than having a job? They've been together for 7 years already and evidently, their family must be expecting them to get married too. I mean, 7 years is a helluva time.

Also, he didn't lose feelings for her, the reason like he said he's sandwiched between his unsure (maybe-maybe not romantic) feelings for some girl and Noa. So he took the easier way out by cutting Noa out of his life instead of taking responsibility for his relationship and cutting off the other girl. imo she has every right to whine a little like "snitching on his mom"

I don't really get the comments here, he straight up says he likes someone else and says he hasn't done anything with that person but wants to end the relationship because he doesn't want to continue being in it while liking someone else. Like I get that's a shitty thing to have to go through as the recipitent but like what do you want from the guy? He says he has feelings for someone else, you want him to stay in the relationship and get married?? Who would want a spouse who is in love with someone else? The only thing to do here is break up but apparently he a shit head for that too?

If he was legit cheating yeah absolutely fuck off, but if its just developing feelings and exiting the relationship because of that I don't know what you want from him? I don't know anyone who'd want a partner who's not emotionally commited to them.

Guys, Noa said a lot of stuff because she's distraught but there's absolutely no indication she's an immature person who tries to hurt others to any extent. It's normal to say crazy when you're hurting bad and the person who caused that hurt is acting nonchalant af. Same thing with the kneeling.

@ilaya The way he's been treating her, he's very obviously been very over her for some time imo. If he was unsure and felt he was being unfair to Noa, he would not look/act as cold as he does now

@Ceereus u right, but he just said he isn't sure of that yet
apparently he doesn't realise what we as readers can already see 😬
ALSO I AGREEE

I may be biased but I can understand why Noa did what she did. I used to do the same, all the crying and begging. You can't think straight when you were hurt, especially it is a relationship you invested a lot of time and effort in.

On the topic that he said he did not cheat and the fact that he has no choice but to break up because he likes someone else, they are all excuses and like in a comment said below, he is taking the easy way out. True that they should break up but he doesn't have to cut her off and thinking a short 'I am liking somebody else' explanation can solve anything. Selfish to the core, and when you are selfish in a relationship, you are just awful.

And honestly, he's told so many unnecessary, convenient lies, we should assume anything he says to Noa is to brush her off as quickly as he can.

@annng I've never been through that and you don't seem biased.

It's even more enraging that he's acting like she's unreasonable. I totally understand why Noa feels worse because her feelings are being completely invalidated. It must feel like reality has somehow twisted when the things she thought were true about her bf and their relationship are being treated like something that's all in her head.

Guwon is a very trash human being and I don't think he ever loved her

Fed-Kun's army
noa is seriously breaking my heart T.T the fact that she kneeled like omg... that’s such a big deal... i’m T.T i want her to be happy enduring this must be so hard n u can see it in the way her emotions switch between saying she’ll tell his mother and begging for him back like T.T it’s all so tragic T.T tysm for this very-sad chapter T.T 🤍

While I do get everyone in the comments a relationship goes both ways, 7 years and she never thought of being honest with him and asking him to go to her instead of only her going to him?Plus she seems like quick to make decisions that no only affect her but him as well. She's a good person but their relationship wasn't working. Maybe it stopped working the moment it started being a long distance relationship and as someone that is in one (different countries) let me tell you effort needs to be from both parties plus you need to be completely honest about your insecurities and your feelings, bottling up affects both you and your partner.
Noa, not deliberate, acted like the mature person on the relationship by trying to be considerate and understanding but that's from her point of view. Did she ask him to go to her? She just presumed that it'd be better for her to not do that. There's people that wanna feel depended on not just the ones being treated so maybe he feels like that? (We never got to see from his pov so who knows) He should've also been honest if he started having doubts about their relationship instead of building a wall between them and distancing himself. Distancing (as in being left alone to think) works sometimes to clear your head but that is if you first explain to the other person before doing so. Otherwise the other person won't even understand what you're doing might feel like did something wrong or sht and they gonna want an explanation at all costs not leaving you alone as what was intended.
None of them are right in the situation they're in right now and while one might hold more blame than the other their both at fault.

Users who are viewing this thread