Bad Side - Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
Interesting plot story. I know everyone is going to strongly disagree with me, and I completely understand why they would. But low key I'm shipping the main girl and the psycho religious girl mary. It's a toxic relationship between them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the author doesn't have them end up together but idk I'm intrigued by their dynamic.

Partly I'm interested in what makes the psycho religious girl think the way she thinks. Is it related to trauma and how she was raised? Does she have the ability to have empathy but she was just never taught it, or could she seriously not be able to understand empathy at all? Mary seems ever so interested in Seon. Obviously Seon is in a vulnerable position, and Mary took advantage of that. Still, even after Mary did all that she did, she is still eager to continue her relations with Seon. But why is she so invested in breaking Seon more so than any other character in the manga? I think Mary does have a thing for Seon, but she absolutely doesn't understand human relationships. She wants Seon under her total control and to have Seon have absolutely no one to rely on but her. Mary wants to be Seon's complete world, and to get to that point, Seon needs to have nothing but mary. Of course Mary could just be a psychopathic narcissist. She hasn't shown any remorse for anyone, can't say sorry or thank you, looks like she was/is raised in an abusive household, so she could very well just be a psychopathic narcissist. That, or is capable of empathy is deeply broken.

I just think mary is more obsessive with Seon than one would imagine. Mary is the villian of this story, and yet we haven't had any background information on what mary thinks. We as the reader are just supposed to infer on our own what we believe the situation is. Even after destroying Seon's social life, Mary still reaches out to her. The only time mary ever actually reaches out to Seon is when good things start to happen in Seon's life. Mary can't have anything good occur while Seon is there.

BUT I STILL SHIP THEM TOGETHER. I don't know why, but I do. Again, I completely understand if no one agrees with me or if they don't end up together and seon ends up with the butch girl.

Aggregator gang
Interesting plot story. I know everyone is going to strongly disagree with me, and I completely understand why they would. But low key I'm shipping the main girl and the psycho religious girl mary. It's a toxic relationship between them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the author doesn't have them end up together but idk I'm intrigued by their dynamic.

Partly I'm interested in what makes the psycho religious girl think the way she thinks. Is it related to trauma and how she was raised? Does she have the ability to have empathy but she was just never taught it, or could she seriously not be able to understand empathy at all? Mary seems ever so interested in Seon. Obviously Seon is in a vulnerable position, and Mary took advantage of that. Still, even after Mary did all that she did, she is still eager to continue her relations with Seon. But why is she so invested in breaking Seon more so than any other character in the manga? I think Mary does have a thing for Seon, but she absolutely doesn't understand human relationships. She wants Seon under her total control and to have Seon have absolutely no one to rely on but her. Mary wants to be Seon's complete world, and to get to that point, Seon needs to have nothing but mary. Of course Mary could just be a psychopathic narcissist. She hasn't shown any remorse for anyone, can't say sorry or thank you, looks like she was/is raised in an abusive household, so she could very well just be a psychopathic narcissist. That, or is capable of empathy is deeply broken.

I just think mary is more obsessive with Seon than one would imagine. Mary is the villian of this story, and yet we haven't had any background information on what mary thinks. We as the reader are just supposed to infer on our own what we believe the situation is. Even after destroying Seon's social life, Mary still reaches out to her. The only time mary ever actually reaches out to Seon is when good things start to happen in Seon's life. Mary can't have anything good occur while Seon is there.

BUT I STILL SHIP THEM TOGETHER. I don't know why, but I do. Again, I completely understand if no one agrees with me or if they don't end up together and seon ends up with the butch girl.
Youre not the only one! I also am intrigued by mary and seon's relationship. Well, I'm more interested in Mary tbh. Not usual or often we find MC like Mary. She's nuts, obsessed eith Seon, and it seems like Seon still cant let her go. Im excited to see what comes next. Everybody may hate my opinion, but I want Seon and Mary together. I just want to see how this toxic relationship turns out.

Dex-chan lover
Really interesting thoughts being shared here. But have we really seen any indication that Mary actually likes/loves Seon?

Because it looks like Mary really enjoyed harming Seon, and she only cares when she might lose her toy. Seon was already alone, and in love with Mary.

Dex-chan lover
Really interesting thoughts being shared here. But have we really seen any indication that Mary actually likes/loves Seon?

Because it looks like Mary really enjoyed harming Seon, and she only cares when she might lose her toy. Seon was already alone, and in love with Mary.
Yes, you are correct and that's why I know my ship between them is problematic. The only evidence I can think of that would indicate Mary loving Seon is how even after Mary had done all those terrible things to Seon, it's like she's still assuming Seon will be there for her. I think she's willing to go to an extreme to make sure she has Seon under her control. A reasonable person wouldn't love like this way. We don't know how Mary thinks, but assuming based on the fact that she grew up in a cult, assumes to receive abuse from her mother, and is pressured into this highly unachievable standard of perfection, for mary she may believe for seon to ever love her she needs to be like seon's god. Seon needs to have nothing but Mary to rely on. Now that it seems like Seon has found a group of friends to hang out with, mary will probably try to get rid of that any way she can. Again, Mary went over and beyond with Seon, creating a plan that destroyed Seon's social and family life. Why go to such an extreme over someone when Seon doesn't have anything to do with Mary? I mean, truly what does Mary have to gain from seeing Seon like this? Is she that much of a devil person? If that were the case, then I think she would have other people in her life, but she specifically chooses to target Seon.

With the other girl mary had control of, it's almost like she didn't care if she stopped having control over her. But with Seon, it seems like she went over and beyond to exert control over her. That's where I think Mary's version of 'love' is shown. Again I am not arguing this is a healthy relationship, I acknowledge it is far beyond it and would never want to see this type of relationship irl. I also would completely understand if Seon ends up with butch girl, this is literally just me making a fantasy of 'what if', since I do enjoy seeing psycho gl relationships.

I think for there to develop a ship between seon and mary, mary would have to realize to a certain extent her obsession for seon/how much Mary actually likes having Seon around. Rather than developing into a healthy relationship from there, I could see mary becoming a yandere for seon, but seon trying to push mary away. At this point, you could either see them eventually kill mary or grow out of mary, or mary perhaps win seon over by tiring her out to the point where she mentally breaks and gives in to mary.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, you are correct and that's why I know my ship between them is problematic. The only evidence I can think of that would indicate Mary loving Seon is how even after Mary had done all those terrible things to Seon, it's like she's still assuming Seon will be there for her. I think she's willing to go to an extreme to make sure she has Seon under her control. A reasonable person wouldn't love like this way. We don't know how Mary thinks, but assuming based on the fact that she grew up in a cult, assumes to receive abuse from her mother, and is pressured into this highly unachievable standard of perfection, for mary she may believe for seon to ever love her she needs to be like seon's god. Seon needs to have nothing but Mary to rely on. Now that it seems like Seon has found a group of friends to hang out with, mary will probably try to get rid of that any way she can. Again, Mary went over and beyond with Seon, creating a plan that destroyed Seon's social and family life. Why go to such an extreme over someone when Seon doesn't have anything to do with Mary? I mean, truly what does Mary have to gain from seeing Seon like this? Is she that much of a devil person? If that were the case, then I think she would have other people in her life, but she specifically chooses to target Seon.

With the other girl mary had control of, it's almost like she didn't care if she stopped having control over her. But with Seon, it seems like she went over and beyond to exert control over her. That's where I think Mary's version of 'love' is shown. Again I am not arguing this is a healthy relationship, I acknowledge it is far beyond it and would never want to see this type of relationship irl. I also would completely understand if Seon ends up with butch girl, this is literally just me making a fantasy of 'what if', since I do enjoy seeing psycho gl relationships.

I think for there to develop a ship between seon and mary, mary would have to realize to a certain extent her obsession for seon/how much Mary actually likes having Seon around. Rather than developing into a healthy relationship from there, I could see mary becoming a yandere for seon, but seon trying to push mary away. At this point, you could either see them eventually kill mary or grow out of mary, or mary perhaps win seon over by tiring her out to the point where she mentally breaks and gives in to mary.
I think we all love a good redemption story, and the story between Mary and Seon is really interesting. So, I wouldn't mind it. But that would be a hard sell at the moment. Mary really come off as a future serial killer.

I did assume that at some level Mary did love Seon. But the further we get into the story, the less sure I get. I'm not sure how much I can trust my interpretation of the art. But it sure looks like Mary is enjoying herself when she does something to harm Seon. And now she is going after her little sister. I really don't think this story will have a happy ending.

I would also like to add that Mary only cares when Seon are with others. She did not seek her out before seeing her in church, and she did nothing before learning that she was not alone. So, she is fine with going long periods without contact. And if you care about someone, you normally want to see them. Moreover, we learned before, she likes to punish the sinner. Maybe in Mary's head Seon is a sinner?

But we have 116 chapters in total. So, we have a long way left to go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread