Baili Jin Among Mortals

If she becomes a Buddhist nun, I'm afraid they will be "forcefully" separated. That's why I hate bad male characters.

This series is so slept on. It's a shame it's one of my top 20 fave yuri ever I hope it gets finished. Mangadex is by far the more superior site but mangabuddy has more translated chapters.

Group Leader
I can't let this awesome Manhua get abbandoned, it's legit one of my faves. I started scanlating from where the group left off, so from chapter 29 and on. I've updated all the earlier chapters I had uploaded, seeing as my inexpertise was showing and I wanted everything to look and read as smoothly as possible.

I'm thinking I'll probably get caught up with the Manhua by this winter if all goes well. I have someone helping me with translating from the portugese version, and proofreading, but we're still looking for a Chinese to English translator if anyone is interested!

Cheers,

:meguusmug::haa:

So happy that English chapters are starting to be uploaded. The manhua is already at ~ch204 as of today, so I'm thankful to be able to read it on Mangadex. It seems like a lot of other popular manga websites are delayed or have stopped scanlating around ch ~190.

Group Leader
So happy that English chapters are starting to be uploaded. The manhua is already at ~ch204 as of today, so I'm thankful to be able to read it on Mangadex. It seems like a lot of other popular manga websites are delayed or have stopped scanlating around ch ~190.
Yeah, they also just MTL'ed it with a quickness and a lot of it doesn't make sense. I think the official english chapters past a certain point were lost when the english version of Bilibili was axed.

I read the raws until Ch 120 something, and I have to say I don't like it one bit. Oh I realize that the Chinese yuri drag on every little thing forever, that is what weekly updates do to them. Normally I don't mind it much, since the stories do deliver after some time. But not this manhua.

The story is decent at first, so I just kept reading it hoping for developments to happen in both couples (because yes, Chinese yuri manhua is quite obsessed with having a second couple).

All is good and well, until the main couple (Baili Jin and her GF) stops having any developments for straight up 50 chapters or so. At one point they got together and that was it. They just kept showing some slice of life, (censored) sex scenes but their relationship stopped progressing. . I know the main couple's relationship will still progress, but that is not my worst complaint about this manhua.

While the main couple stopped having their developments, the side couple was still going strong. In fact, the side couple was the driving force of the plot until Ch 120, or even later. What is your problem with this then? It is still yuri no? My problem is that I picked up the manhua because of the premise of Baili Jin, not because of the side chicks who kept hogging all the spotlight. Furthermore, the side couple's relationship is toxic af. Both are terrible communicators and jealousy is the raw material for their relationship. I thought on many occassions that this couple should just leave each other alone and pursue greener pastures, because their relationship was simply being farmed for far too long and nothing good was really happening to any of them.

This, at the end of the day, is just what the Chinese audience likes.

Dex-chan lover
If the art quality was better I could rate this a ten.

Let's see how the story develops...
I'm also well aware that if I had read the completed series, there's probably no-way it would stay a ten, but maybe heaven has blessed this work for us readers, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread