Baki Dou (2018) - Ch. 150 - Chomp

Dex-chan lover
Did you forget that everyone tried to fight musashi with his swords? If the two parts agree, than there's no issue in them fighting
Well, isn’t that an exception to the rule to accommodate Musashi who requires weapons to draw out his full strength? They went out their way to place weapons in the arena as well for those fights to show that his opponents have options to use weapons. By default the arena rule is no weapons allowed and Jack fought with his metal teeth with that rule in play.
I consider implants such as metal teeth to be against the rules especially because there surely are other options of materials for the teeth that are closer to normal teeth if he just wants to fight by biting. The choice of materials imply that he is weaponizing his teeth.

You may not agree with this viewpoint and that’s fine. This is Baki so if it flies, it flies. I’m just pointing out that it bugs me, but it’s not a big deal considering how the series isn’t about logic to nitpick, but seeing fists fly.

Dex-chan lover
Well, isn’t that an exception to the rule to accommodate Musashi who requires weapons to draw out his full strength? They went out their way to place weapons in the arena as well for those fights to show that his opponents have options to use weapons. By default the arena rule is no weapons allowed and Jack fought with his metal teeth with that rule in play.
I consider implants such as metal teeth to be against the rules especially because there surely are other options of materials for the teeth that are closer to normal teeth if he just wants to fight by biting. The choice of materials imply that he is weaponizing his teeth.

You may not agree with this viewpoint and that’s fine. This is Baki so if it flies, it flies. I’m just pointing out that it bugs me, but it’s not a big deal considering how the series isn’t about logic to nitpick, but seeing fists fly.
You're right, if he asked for the strongest teeth imitating human bones it'd have been fair but this is too much. Metal denture is cool tho.

Fed-Kun's army

I kinda of understand your point, using musashi was a bad way to illustrate my point. But considering that Jack really is allowed to bite people, I don't think that having metal teeth is the major problem here.
The way the fights are presented here is different from "official fights" like Kengan ashura (where they are fighting for money and the rules HAVE to be equal for both parts. In Baki we have more fights to judge who is the best "survivor" (that's why Gaia is allowed to throw sand at people for example), and considering this exact same premise of "come at me at anytime", Jack is able to draw his weapon (aka his teeth) at will.
Maybe they will follow the same rule from Musashi to Jack.

Idk if implants are allowed tho, does anyone remember people using them (or not using) in the arena?

Dex-chan lover
I kinda of understand your point, using musashi was a bad way to illustrate my point. But considering that Jack really is allowed to bite people, I don't think that having metal teeth is the major problem here.
The way the fights are presented here is different from "official fights" like Kengan ashura (where they are fighting for money and the rules HAVE to be equal for both parts. In Baki we have more fights to judge who is the best "survivor" (that's why Gaia is allowed to throw sand at people for example), and considering this exact same premise of "come at me at anytime", Jack is able to draw his weapon (aka his teeth) at will.
Maybe they will follow the same rule from Musashi to Jack.

Idk if implants are allowed tho, does anyone remember people using them (or not using) in the arena?
I think I understand your point better now. A lot of the fights here are kind of free for all brawl, so you’re saying there’s nothing wrong with being a bit cheap. Especially when a good number of the fight happens on the street. I guess that’s a fair perspective.

That said, there are two distinct ways characters in this series fight: inside and outside of the arena.
Where I find issue is because in the arena, they announce specific rules of anything goes but no weapons. To me Jack’s metal teeth are weaponized implants because he could have chosen normal materials if he just wants to bite. Having stronger materials as teeth makes it easier for him to cut through flesh and bone, not to mention the teeth themselves will be more durable. He can also choose to sharpen them before fights.
These set a precedent of how the announced rules can be skirted and in my opinion is a problem.

However, outside of the arena, I agree with you. I have no issue with Jack’s metal teeth cause then it’s truly free for all: weapons, ambushes, etc, all fair game.

As for throwing sand, the sand and teeth are part of the arena, so to me that’s fair game, not so different from using the edges of the arena as a place to slam or corner opponents.

Fed-Kun's army
I think I understand your point better now. A lot of the fights here are kind of free for all brawl, so you’re saying there’s nothing wrong with being a bit cheap. Especially when a good number of the fight happens on the street. I guess that’s a fair perspective.

That said, there are two distinct ways characters in this series fight: inside and outside of the arena.
Where I find issue is because in the arena, they announce specific rules of anything goes but no weapons. To me Jack’s metal teeth are weaponized implants because he could have chosen normal materials if he just wants to bite. Having stronger materials as teeth makes it easier for him to cut through flesh and bone, not to mention the teeth themselves will be more durable. He can also choose to sharpen them before fights.
These set a precedent of how the announced rules can be skirted and in my opinion is a problem.

However, outside of the arena, I agree with you. I have no issue with Jack’s metal teeth cause then it’s truly free for all: weapons, ambushes, etc, all fair game.

As for throwing sand, the sand and teeth are part of the arena, so to me that’s fair game, not so different from qausing the edges of the arena as a place to slam or corner opponents.
Ok, your got me on the issue "inside the arena", considering this situation I do think it is a bit strange, I don't recall anyone using this. Let's hope they explain this

Fed-Kun's army

As for throwing sand, the sand and teeth are part of the arena, so to me that’s fair game, not so different from using the edges of the arena as a place to slam or corner opponents.
Welp, now you got me lmao
Maybe they wil try to explain this or itagaki will just ignore this

Dex-chan lover
Welp, now you got me lmao
Maybe they wil try to explain this or itagaki will just ignore this
I should have been clearer myself, had I clearly delineated in/out arena we’d find out that we actually agree with each other faster. Though it was an interesting dive to the story.

I’m sure Itagaki will ignore it, but hey we’ll see if he’ll prove me wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread