Baki Dou (2018) - Ch. 51 - Shibukawa versus Kyogei

I never liked how shibukawa is always shown, instead of using actual techniques it's always just him grabbing somebody's hand and throwing them around. At least during the first arc he was using more techniques against doppo and Jack but now he's just this jobber who performs magic that nobody takes seriously.

@steelkine realism in a baki manga? I think that left the book maybe in the first 2 baki volumes?

so about four pages of this chapter isn't just the previous chapter, cool

Dex-chan lover
@kazamakj not even about realism, it's just that he only has this one trick - hold your arm down and you go "whoa heavy" then something-something-flippy-do. It's all so vague and one-dimensional. I'm totally fine with him doing crazy shit, but I'd like to see more variations or elaboration on his techniques - more throws using specific body parts, like when he wrecked Ali Jr. only by grabbing on to his little finger.

Dex-chan lover
It's not particularly easy to illustrate his style of fighting without having to do a Murata-esque frame-by-frame 40 page chapter, I suppose. Still, this is pretty typical stuff for Baki. Not being able to marathon through these kinds of scenes makes them feel really wasteful.

I like Itagaki's "new" style with the meaty hands, but it looks out of place on Shibukawa.

Dex-chan lover
Did he really redraw the same 10 pages ? What a waste of a chapter lmao, there's like 6 more fights, this is gonna take 80 chapters at this rate

Users who are viewing this thread