Baki Dou (2018) - Ch. 56 - A Master's Potential

Dex-chan lover
The closer you are to the speed of light, the slower time moves for you. Aiki is unrivaled in "speed". And I put speed in quotations because of a second, hidden, deeper meaning, and that meaning is "fast".

Dex-chan lover
This is so fucking stupid

Sorry if I anger anyone here but Sumo being this high art feels pathetically humorous. I get the sense that the author being Japanese is jerking off on this idea because it is a Japanese art

Dex-chan lover
@Xxjuggernaut
I think this was part of that whole sumo revival phase in Japan. Like that manga about the short sumo dude... Hinomaru. It was like some initiative to promote sumo in the youth, so they can eventually have more Japanese champions instead of a bunch of Mongolians dominating their sacred national sport. At least that's the impression I got. I got into it a bit, watching those tournaments, it was interesting, but yeah, I don't think the sumo skillset is that valuable in a mixed environment. Lyoto Machida had some sumo training, I remember, and the Korean version, ssirum or something was used by a few other martial artists, but it wasn't their main skillset.

It's about damn time he got throwed, for a second there I thought they somehow were gonna show shibakawa picking him up and throwing him from the sumo guys sash.

Dex-chan lover
Wow~ At this rate, I guess Sumo can even beat Yujiro.

Dunno why some reader got frustrated. Baki is all always about over-the-top(borderline fictional and humorous) martial art manga and not realistic depiction. That’s why I love this manga so much...well, aside from super drag chapter...

@Mystery0000

Dude no martial art is completely original,

Chinese kempo come after Indian arts,

Indian arts are a rip-off of old Fighting ways in the far East.

Hell even China's most famous fighting styles are inspired by animals.

And I am not saying it's only hand to had related, kendo evolved into jujutsu.

Most famous martial arts are just the latest in a long line of "Rip offs" from the last generation.

Hey OnePenguin, are there any plans of going back to Grappler Baki to finish up Scanlating? 😅

Man I love this all so much.
Finally we have fights again. I even enjoy this fight to last this long. Don't mind to Keep up three more chapter. (At least 1 every week)

And for Sumo i see it the other way round. Not in a mixed enviroment. In a Sumo only Setting. Who could stand a Chance? (I know this doesn't make really sense) Maybe a 99kg Judoka fights a 99kg sumotori. Maybe they do 10 bouts. I see a 6:4 advantage here.

Users who are viewing this thread