Baki Dou (2018) - Ch. 74 - Drinking Party

Dex-chan lover
I forget why it's impressive that he can punch a plastic bag around

Not gonna lie, totally forgot Retsumi was part of this manga. Was hoping for a Baki fight next, dang.

Dex-chan lover
Hm.... first off thank you for the chapter... but hmm.... its hard to describe so since in a way Katsumi is now the culmination of his and Retsu's hope to someday combine kempo and karate.... does this mean that Katsumi in honor of Retsu has begun to integrate or fuse kempo into his style of karate or is he just going to merge/incorporate some of Retsu's signature techniques into his fighting style?
Also how did Retsu get that weird cut mark or scar on the back of that arm again? Was it from Musashi or his bout with Pickle I'm having difficulty remembering.

Dex-chan lover
I remember seeing news about a Retsu isekai being published some time soon, but it's interesting how this new schtick will work for Katsumi. I was excited to see more developments on his one-armed style, but him continuing karate and kenpo sounds cool too.

Dex-chan lover
Still a bit mix on Katsumi using Retsu's hand, but eh I guess that's fine. Thanks for the translation!!

@pdonk I don't know much about hitting it (maybe it's about making it stay in the air?), but I imagine cutting something like plastic completely like that even with a knife would be pretty hard. Even just cutting paper with sword is seen as amazing after all.

Can anyone remind me what happened to Hanayama's eye? It's been a while since I last read Baki and I'm pretty sure they don't look like that before

Double-page supporter
@Krune Musashi. He launched a straight punch and stopped Musashi's sword mid-swing with his hand-muscles.

Dex-chan lover
@Murakama thank you, okay I remember now, lol that's what I get for watching that part of the arc via a youtube video.

Dex-chan lover
@pdonk being able to hit a plastic bag once or twice in quick succession is pretty average, but being able to time and follow up your strikes fast enough for a full combination is actually pretty hard. If you don't hit it full on, the currents you make causes the bag to float away. If you aren't able to pull away fast enough, it just clings to your fist. Slicing it in half is a feat all on it's own though, especially bare handed, infinitely so when you're possessed by the weakest strongest kenpo user.

Users who are viewing this thread