Baki Dou (2018) - Ch. 85 - Melted

Dex-chan lover
Komusubi took baki's jab head-on and didn't pass out, he's already a champion in my book.

Dex-chan lover
That's the liquid/cockroach thing, wasn't it?
Definitely one of the grosser moves in Baki's arsenal.

@UnderworldBlues
Maybe. Except that I can only remember one time where Baki came right out of the gate and tried to one shot an opponent. And that guy was trying to steal his girlfriend.
So that jab probably wasn't a full strength attempt. Also, jabs aren't really knockout blows unless they get the chin/jaw jst right. They're more for quick pain that makes you flinch and your eyes water to make it harder to fight back.

Dex-chan lover
"the t-800 recalled the more advanced model's hand turned into liquid. but not just any liquid. liquid METAL."

Dex-chan lover
Ooohhhh the liquid form!
What a nostalgic event!

Dex-chan lover
Komusubi better not be having a flashback with his eyes open.

Dex-chan lover
It's quite funny to see that Katsumi hasn't joined the peanut gallery to comment on Baki's match. I guess that since he didn't win his match he doesn't get to hang out in their one-eyed club.

And man, what a fight; you can tell it's serious business. Baki quickly dispatches weaker opponents by smashing their balls with a kick, but here we can see the next level where he makes his opponent hallucinate! I thought for sure that Baki would use the power of imagination to get his sumo opponent to fill up on Chanko Nabe. He would then be unable to move from being too full from having eaten in his imagination. But I guess that "winning" the fight only with the power of imagination is only reserved for fights which Baki can't actually win. Since it's Baki, it's surprising his opponent wasn't finished in a single hit, as that's usually how Baki does it, but that Sumo wrestler's balls are still intact and I'm sure Baki is already locking on to them.

Good stuff!

@Riger Kaku Kaioh's son. More recently, that MMA champion Sam Atlas at the start of Musashi Dou.

Double-page supporter
He is having a fun. They are equal and nothing is at steak for time being.

I can imagine they will bring everything in their arsenal to play before actual fighting, Or when they were done having a fun.

Oh shit, it's on when the flowing hair comes loose in Baki.

And then oh SHIT, that credits page got me more agitated than the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@lomez
I didn't read the Musashi one. I know the major points, but it just didn't interest me. Just like I got bored of the Pickle arc a dozen chapters or so in. A bit after he ate Katsumi's arm, I think. I was a bit pissed to hear Retsu died, though. Because he was one of the nicest, chillest people in this whole series.
And I completely forgot about that Tarzan looking idiot he dropped in the Kaioh tournament. Mostly because only two fights in that stick with me. Oliva's, and Yujiro's.

Hahaha this is great. Someone else in the comments mentioned it but its insanely funny that lasting 1 punch gets any opponent major props besides the main "rival" of the arc

Users who are viewing this thread