Baki-Dou - Vol. 22 Ch. 194 - His Send-Off

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
1,509
uh
is this the "shitty" ending that i was promised?
like, baki and musashi fought, baki knocked him out and could've killed him, but didn't, and then asked the old woman to return his soul back to the dead
baki wouldn't kill someone, that's way too out of character for him
idk fellas... i kind of like this ending.
 
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
662
i just want an uninterrupted fight, and both musashi vs ogre and baki ended up lacking, i am not sure if musashi ever shown his real might all this time
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 27, 2019
Messages
140
Baki has always been Itagaki shitposting about philosophy while disguising it as a martial arts manga, so this ending isn't anything out of the ordinary really.
 
Aggregator gang
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
372
Was nothing new In terms of a characters ending In Baki. Cant think up a reason defending it tho
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 27, 2020
Messages
2,026
Would've been better if the orge just broke his sword and smashed his head into the ground
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 25, 2019
Messages
496
Rereading this series again, I think I could accept this ending if it was executed better. Maybe if Baki had Musashi completely incapacitated and had the old granny come out right after would've been more well received
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
1,319
Kinda let down but eh. I still really enjoyed Baki-Dou as a whole.
 
Aggregator gang
Joined
Feb 15, 2019
Messages
93
I don't think I mind this actually. Would have been nice to get more of a conclusion to the battle first but I guess it came down to not wanting to have either character lose which seems to be a recurring thing in this series.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2023
Messages
17
I really don’t think this ending is as bad as people say, it’s a perfectly fitting one narratively. It was just disappointing how it came suddenly in the middle of a fight that went nowhere and the big final confrontation between Musashi and Baki was cut unsatisfyingly short, but in a nutshell it’s how it should’ve ended. Just wish we could’ve actually seen him and Baki be pushed to their limits
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top