Baki Rahen - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Jack, the Ultimate Pure Boy

Dex-chan lover
Was hoping it was gonna be Pickle but I guess we gotta do some build up before that rematch. Still hyped for this fight since we haven't seen the cord cutting technique in a while

Dex-chan lover
Last manga series ends with Jack calling out all the big names like Baki, Dopo, Katsumi, and Motobe and the new series starts with…that one swordsman Murashi jobbed all over and Shinogi

Bruh

Group Leader
Last manga series ends with Jack calling out all the big names like Baki, Dopo, Katsumi, and Motobe and the new series starts with…that one swordsman Murashi jobbed all over and Shinogi

Bruh
First of all, it didn't end with that, that was like 40 chapters before the end.
Second of all, how did Sabu "job" to Musashi? They didn't even fight, they had a conversation then Musashi broke his swords by swinging them and Sabu left.
Third of all, does it even matter that we're seeing "weak" (not even, just relative to the main characters) characters? The main draw for me has always been how the fights go rather than the end result. The end result is irrelevant, what matters is if they show off some cool shit and have some interesting exposition to go with it.

Dex-chan lover
First of all, it didn't end with that, that was like 40 chapters before the end.
Second of all, how did Sabu "job" to Musashi? They didn't even fight, they had a conversation then Musashi broke his swords by swinging them and Sabu left.
Third of all, does it even matter that we're seeing "weak" (not even, just relative to the main characters) characters? The main draw for me has always been how the fights go rather than the end result. The end result is irrelevant, what matters is if they show off some cool shit and have some interesting exposition to go with it.
Oh hey thanks for reminding me, we actually had about 40 chapters or so after the big call out session and we still haven't gotten a pay off. Typical Baki stuff, amirite : )

Also thanks for elevating my point even further, the dude wasn't even worthy of a proper fight just "feeling Musashi cutting him" and having his sword disrespected, great we're starting off with such a character : )

Dex-chan lover
Shinogi better have been in the hyperbolic time chamber since the convicts arc or he's just gonna fucking die.
My boy Jack really do just have to go through all the chaff before getting to any of the big names huh, We'll probably see a rematch with that Garland dude or some of those other karate dudes that Dorian doo doo farted on before we get anything cool

Group Leader
Oh hey thanks for reminding me, we actually had about 40 chapters or so after the big call out session and we still haven't gotten a pay off. Typical Baki stuff, amirite : )

Also thanks for elevating my point even further, the dude wasn't even worthy of a proper fight just "feeling Musashi cutting him" and having his sword disrespected, great we're starting off with such a character : )
I don't know why you're reading such an exposition filled and focused series if all you care about is who wins fights. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot. Go read Kengan or something if that's your jam.

Users who are viewing this thread