Balance Policy

Group Leader
I must admit... why do most 'Gender Swap' stories leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a sense of sadness and despondency? Yet some have no real 'Bad Ending' and yet... it leaves you with something missing, a sense of loss.

Group Leader
From what
One of the best manga I have ever read, hands down. There is NOTHING depressing about this, guys.

I've seen some people on this site and other saying that if you like the ending in the final chapter, Chapter 14, that you should not read 14.5. This is most likely due to a misunderstanding. For those who have misunderstood Chapter 14 and 14.5, 14.5 does not suggest that Masaomi & Kenji failed to get together. Chapter 14 makes it pretty clear through story and symbolism that Masaomi and Kenji both get together, and have kids together (due to the kids symbolically portrayed playing at the amusement park), 14.5 doesn't say anything more about Masaomi & Kenji, so we can only assume that they got together after all, and that the Balance Policy saved Japan after 20 years or so of operation, as the population crisis is over. It's a great ending.
Ehh i don't know where you read this but from what i see these two didn't start to going out

Such a horrible, oppressive cloud of helplessness and resignation looms over this manga. The last time I read something so depressing was a story by Inio Asano

I really wanted the girl the sister eloped with to be Kenji. (Well I guess it's technically possible since the ending is ambiguous. )

I like this author but a lot of their works feel like the ending is missing

Users who are viewing this thread