Basara

This manga has aged incredibly well. It acknowledges many truths other stories ignore and does a great job setting up an epic and grand story while being completely honest. For example, the hero must gather the four swords but from the get go it's established that gathering these swords requires winning the hearts and minds of those that possess them and really the quest is to gather allies. I appreciate also the acknowledgement that there is no war without killing and suffering and that the hero will cause that regardless of how noble she believes her cause to be. It's a manga that does so much right and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Long chapters which I love. It is a different story. I like 7 seeds so I figured Id give this author a go at another manga and I love this too. It is a classic with a great plot and twists here and there.

uhhhhh idk why this doesn’t have more reads or comments because this story deserves all that and more. one of my favorites of all time. if you’re on the edge about reading this, do it. you will not regret it.

READ THIS. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

it's been years since i've read this, but this still remains my top 1 in shoujo to this day. I rly wish there were more stories like this one that involved action and adventure... you dont see that much in the shoujo or josei demographic. If you're sick of the usual shoujo formula, read this.

Masterpiece to the root.
I can't hold back my tears any longer to describe how amazing this series is.

Honestly one of the best shoujo epics I’ve ever read. I only heard of it recently, and I didn’t think I would enjoy it as much as I did. The art might not match up to the standards of today, but the story itself certainly exceeds them. Basara is a manga with dynamic conflicts, beautiful development of characters, stunning execution of theme, and so much heart in it that it’s impossible to not be moved by the sheer amount the author has accomplished in this work. Absolutely recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread