Basic questions regarding scanlation.

Group Leader
So I'm a new boy in town and I've got some questions:

1. What fonts do you typically use? Currently I'm using CC Wild Words but it doesn't have the character "~" so some dialogues may seem a bit stiff.

2. How do you redraw (with a mouse)? The way I do it is with using clone stamp and while that's covering the bare minimum, the end product looks rough. Do you have tips or tricks?

Thanks.

Group Leader
1. Besides CCWildwords, I usually use Jack Armstrong BB, Anime Ace 2.0, Manga Temple, and CCMikeKunkel.
2. In Photoshop, you can use Spot Healing Brush tool, with setting: Mode=Normal or Replace, Type=Content-Aware.

Group Leader
1. Besides CCWildwords, I usually use Jack Armstrong BB, Anime Ace 2.0, Manga Temple, and CCMikeKunkel.
2. In Photoshop, you can use Spot Healing Brush tool, with setting: Mode=Normal or Replace, Type=Content-Aware.
Thanks! Will try both later.

Power Uploader
So I'm a new boy in town and I've got some questions:

1. What fonts do you typically use? Currently I'm using CC Wild Words but it doesn't have the character "~" so some dialogues may seem a bit stiff.

2. How do you redraw (with a mouse)? The way I do it is with using clone stamp and while that's covering the bare minimum, the end product looks rough. Do you have tips or tricks?

Thanks.
Some extensive font sheets, and this one in particular is quite nice:
XDYAH7s_d.webp

Please do not do not do not use Anime Ace or Manga Temple. Manga Temple is both hard to read, looks tacky and purposefully “oriental”, and just has rough shapes. Anime Ace both has some awkward, ugly letters (that A, yeesh), and you’ll wish you had a less wide font in many occasions. Neither of these is good for manga at all, funnily enough

A good beginner’s guide to redrawing: (with a mouse, use a pen tool and clipping mask for redrawing smooth lines)

What’s the specific thing you’re having trouble with? Be VERY careful with the spot healing tool for manga, it messes the screentones up and can result in a blurry mess.

Group Leader
redrawing is much easier on a touchpad then with mouse.
you have to look at how the lines go, and then you just keep going it through the parts you erasered. takes a little preactice but not hard

Users who are viewing this thread