Batuque - Vol. 10 Ch. 95 - The Immortal Zumbi

I really wanted to see more of Mizo... but damn. This series keeps on giving. Thanks for another chapter.

Thanks for the chapters
This gang sideplot has been going on for a lot longer than expected, it's entertaining but I hope we're getting to the end so that we can go back to main plot soon

It's crazy to see how strong ogun is when you look back at the B.J. Panels, because there's a tier above him

Thanks for the translation. I can’t wait to see Icchi fight again and her favourite boy is back

Aggregator gang
Wish this chapter was released yesterday, November 20 is when Zumbi was executed and is the Black Consciousness Day in Brazil so it would be a nice homage

Dex-chan lover
Kinda late but page 6 is what sets the tone of the series for me.

Dex-chan lover
Zumbi dos Palmares wasn't a cool dude, not at all. And Palmares was far from an utopia.
The Quilombo of Palmares had a despotic system with slaves, so yeah, they were former slaves slaving former slaves.
Also, some historians argue that Zumbi wasn't the hero of the Quilombo, instead they appoint to the former leader of the place, Ganga-Zumba, another former slave, that was assassinated. After Zumba's death Zumbi took the throne of the place.

And one day Tetsuma is recruited by some shady black-suits sayin that he can fight other black-suits whilst watching people gamble their lives or somethin

@NotSomeone
It's not that simple.
I get it that you shouldn't just eat all official history, but you shouldn't also eat just the extreme opposite that people say. Historical revisionism is healthy for sure, but one shouldn't just accept that revionism as true because it's revisionistic.
With Zumbi it's all very difficult to talk about because all the sources about him were written by direct rivals of his independent kingdom, so they come with heavy bias against the Palmares Kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
@JetKinen
Between Brazilian historians the fact is: There were slaves in the Quilombos. That's what they teach people in history classes and universities here in Brazil.
Not only Zumbi's Quilombo, almost every Quilombo had slaves. I suggest reading José Murilo de Carvalho's Cidadania no Brasil.

Fed-Kun's army
What the hell! He even give drugs to his kid!!! So that might explain his strength...

Jei

People who are saying that the "sideplot" is going on for too long: I'm not at all saying you can't think that, but you should probably get used to it if you're gonna keep reading. It's just how Sako Toshio writes and there will for sure be more long "sideplots" like this.

Users who are viewing this thread