Batuque - Vol. 18 Ch. 155 - Budding

Double-page supporter
Im a bit lost at what is going on during the hallucination sequence since last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
the fuck.
i mean I guess what we should "take" is that BJ shot the boss and now got his title, but the odd way the events are despicted makes me think something different might have happened.

Dex-chan lover
Classic silent revolver that misses all its shots

Either that, or BJ didn't manage to fire at all, and the birds are being dramatic for a fake out

As i see it, he lost but the boss who is also a shapeshifter stole BJ's identity at the end

Dex-chan lover
I'm as lost as y'all are. Why is that other dude dying as he hands BJ the gun? Did he manage to shoot the boss? Whose eyes are those seeing the other gangsters walk away? Why did Ichiri seem to notice BJ was in trouble?

Oh well, glad this is almost over. Not because I haven't enjoyed it, but because I think ending now before another big arc begins that makes everything messier is the right decision.

Dex-chan lover
chamaleon guy is dead because he got fucked up during the fight at the bowling alley.
he gave BJ the gun, BJ realized he didnt really want to kill ichiri and shot the boss.
the way its shown we are meant to interpret that, everyone in the mafia is looking at the dying boss, BJ would now be the new boss.

but the oddly unclear way these events are presented makes me doubt this is all real basically. seems like a set up for a twist.

This better be a twist or something because this just stink if it's really all we're getting, and am I understanding right that there's only 2 chapters left ? That really sucks. I hate how the whole thing with the dad was treated as nothing burger in the end we know nothing about him but now apparently he doesn't care at all about his daughter ? His wife ? What is this meanwhile the people who worked the gang that kidnapped him and put him through all that hell get to have an happy ending ? That's just unsatisfying , we ultimately learn very little about him and why he became the man he is , his exchange with Ichi was underwhelming with the whole "I was just trying to get my son to take over". All this for that

Dex-chan lover
I kinda hate this part. It's not even coherently mysterious like the neardeath flashbacks - the whole last 2 chaps about mandinga doesnt make me feel dread or tension over how op the boss is, it just makes me want to get it over and done with, kinda like a cheap Frieza form shat out to give the story a final threat.

Users who are viewing this thread