Batuque - Vol. 7 Ch. 72 - Maculelê

perhaps that war cry bj had meant take that, in spanish toma usually means take that or take it, so it might mean that since spanish and portugese both come from latin and are somewhat similar

@CoachBubbly it does mean take that in portuguese, it's probably his version of ora ora ora

This is such a mess haha. It's quite hard to see each person's movement here, but somehow I enjoyed it nonetheless. Definitely could be better though.

That short clash was a battle royal man, in such closed space too, all odds against BJ. I want to see B.J win this conflict so that his feats feel believeable. Can't be a person of authority if he can't back it up with power, which is pretty much what Usogui has been about.

Dex-chan lover
You can't tell me that guy is still alive after taking all those hits to his head.

For all the times where someone in both Usogui and this take some massive blow and their body warps in some crazy way but they are still ready to fight, this one really felt like that dude is absolutely dead from it.

What did Rei for BJ to found out that she was a capoeirista ?

I really love the atmosphere around the haired hermit

Dex-chan lover
That was intense. Mèng was having none of Japanese Voldo's shit, I think he would have probably killed him if B.J. hadn't interfered. He was actually using Gentle Fist lol.

Also what the fuck is wrong with Rei, holy shit.

Contributor
@Naiyro Rei kicked the pole out of Meng's hands in the left panel of Pg. 11.

Man, this really was chaos. I liked how the author decided to go with simple, direct words to give the audience an impression of quickly reading this tense atmosphere.

Now that BJ's prosthetic is revealed, I honestly think Meng is stronger than everyone in that room and won't make his brother's mistake. The only issue is BJ + the other capoeirista if they decide to double team.

Also, this fight reminded me of the chaos and how calculated fighters were when it was Kyara vs Caracal vs Yakou B. Great fight in Usogui, unfortunately lasted short.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't the only person who flashbacked to the hallway free-for-all in Usogui. This one was way more comedic in nature though.

Users who are viewing this thread