BE BLUES ~Ao ni Nare~ - Vol. 14 Ch. 132 - Seiwadai's Regista

Scholes wasn’t really a volante. He had the crisp passing but his tackles were errr very questionable.

Nic

Scholes is more regista and regista do tackles too since his position usually right in front of centre back,
As example for volante Kante, Matic, basquets, casemiro, etc and as scholes case he is regista and the volante is carrick

Dex-chan lover
Here we go again with the volante thing.
The funniest part is, not even spanish speaking countries(as in the ones who coined the term) can fully agree with the term.
In brazilian portuguese a volante is the defensive midfielder, 'segundo volante' as a term is used when you play double 5(defensive midfielder) tactics.

Thanks for the chapter.

It seems incredible to me that a mangaka uses the term 'Regista'.
It's funny because no coach, whether Italian or not, whether a coach of base football or professional, uses the term. It was a fan creation.
I don't agree with the other terms of the glossary, but at the end of the day, it's almost subjective.
Thanks for the chapter.

Power Uploader
@Gishe
It may be the mangaka or it might be the Japanese language in general. A search of "regista" and "football" in Japanese yields 672,000 results so the term is used often enough.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...m9-gS2y77oBA&q="レジスタ"+"サッカー"&oq="レジスタ"+"サッカー"

Whether their usage of the term is similar in nuance to other languages is also questionable. There are two things that can truly resolve this.
1. We get a Japanese person who's a football fan who can tell us about how these terms are used in their language.
2. I can spend time reading up about Japanese football terminology on sites like https://activel.jp/articles/B5jqq
in Japanese instead of translating more of the manga. I think we can all agree that I should spend my time on the thing that matters more.

The other members of the staff were the ones insistent about having a terminology page despite the tricky nature of these terms.
My stance on this was let the readers google and learn about it themselves.

Now that I've given my standpoint on this, I'm not going to address anything that pertains to positions again.
I'll let the staff members who insisted on a terminology page and people who take an issue with said terminology page settle things themselves.

@gintamacountry
Sorry if I didn't express myself properly.
It was not a complain against the staff or against the term itself, what I wanted to express was that the term 'regista' is not a term within the 'world of proffesional football', but something created by the fans themselves.
Which means that the mangaka is a big fan of the sport.
That's why it was 'incredible' and even 'funny', because I'm a football nerd and I can relate.
Again, sorry if you I didn't express myself properly.
Thanks for the chapter :)

Users who are viewing this thread