BE BLUES ~Ao ni Nare~ - Vol. 17 Ch. 164 - Ryuu's Position

Didn't the Netherlands start like this during total football days, with the play starting from Cruyff at the back line and finishing with Cruyff as a forward?

Dex-chan lover
This playstyle is going to pay a huge toll in the 2nd half. That's why they need Sakuraba fresh as supersub.

So he is playing the Libero position, he has to have enough stamina tho, or else he will get destroyed later on.

@crismofern According to Cruyff's philosofy nobody had fixed position except the goalkeeper, anyone could be a defender, midfielder or attacker. Cruyff pretty much inventend and pioneered Total Football.

It's interesting to see all the positional variants shown in the manga, for the simple fact of being formative football.
With that said, this formation will never work in a more competitive football, so I guess Ichijou will become an interior in a 4-3-3.
Just an assumption.
Thanks for the chapter.

instead of a typical MC striker, I'd like to see our MC develop more into a midfielder position or at least attacking midfielder. Should make for an interesting series.

Aggregator gang
So ichijou evolves into a Pirlo from a Kaka type. What do you all think? Literally the heart of the team now, can advance into a 10, and great at free kicks too.

Ryū's versatile enough to play a full range of positions! He can play the deep lying playmaker, more offensive playmaker, false 9 and as an out and out striker 🔥
That free role is definitely suited for Ryū!

I could see him playing a Scholes, Lampard, Xavi or Zidane type role as the heart of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread