Beast Complex - Ch. 8 - The Pig and the Peacock

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Notes: BC8 does not actually have chapter number, but order doesn’t matter since it is a series of One-Shots. Don’t forget to read BC7, which was released randomly 2019 March. It appears to follow up on the other Hidden Condo resident

Comments: This chapter explains why Dom, a Peacock, doesn’t have tail feathers. Dom is gay. Tail feather is used to attract crude female. Gay want males, not females, thus no need for tail feathers.

Middle of the chapter: Why is Gerbera naked, and then when did he put on his clothes?

Lots of shipping undertones in this chapter.

Pg 14 is a key point of this chapter: where Eugene realize saw only beauty of form and not personality. This wrap it up to the twist of pg 21, asn Eugene focus on fresh flower vs Preserved flower.

Pg 23 is quite difficult to convey. Main thing is Gerbera is alive, thus compared to a fresh flower. Where if Eugene followed his request, he would have become a preserved flower. Eugene wanted Gerbera to remain alive and be active unlike a preserved flower.

Group Leader
dom is gay? announced via twitter? getting that dumbodore vibes again

Dex-chan lover
It's funny, when Eugene was first introduced in Beastars my immediate reaction was ask: What does a taxidermist do in this world?

It took quite a while but I'm glad to finally have an answer. Overall I really liked this chapter, it's a beautiful story of the beauty of life itself not to mention it just feels good to see more of this fascinating world Paru created.

@YyAoMmIi

I knew Dom was gay, but it never crossed my mind this thing about the feathers, that's brilliant.

Dex-chan lover
Why did i just know this was gonna have gay undertones from the chapter title only

Group Leader
@cromat Dom looked like a female in my first read so I question his gender.

But confirmed on Twitter https://twitter.com/itaparu99/status/886202354189582336

It more obvious in Japanese since he use female pronouns and not male

Dex-chan lover
This kind of stories are where Paru really shines. This self-contained mini-stories. Too bad her story-telling in Beastars went all over the place after the school- and condo-arc.

Aggregator gang
i wish there was more canon gay relationships in beastars. There was a lot of gay undertones that were not fully explored and seemed more interesting than the canon straight relationships

Group Leader
@KingRagnarok Beastars Ch 115 pg 15
https://mangadex.org/chapter/544576/15

It seems all the Hidden Condo Resident will have their own story

Users who are viewing this thread