BEASTARS - Vol. 10 Ch. 82 - Across the Universe

so far I can only see the anthropomorphic of all Chordata... does that mean they can eat crab n lobster??

So, insects are insects. Okay, but what about sea creatures? We didn't see any fish or anything of the kind. Are they also just fish, or actual thinking fish just like dogs or bears?

Do they live underwater, similar to Bojack Horseman? I want answers.

Also, we didn't see any cold climate animals either. I wonder if it's because all animals are environmentally appropriate. Like, a polar bear won't be here (which seems to be your average 4 season place) and in a place like Greenland?

Banned
I guess I'd been wondering with all the talk of ant-shakes why the carnivores, deprived of their natural prey, weren't all going full insectivore. Just shovelling handfuls of mealworms into their gaping maws. They probably should.

Anyway... the only thing that is actually consistently bugging me about this manga so far is Legosi's downright fuckin PETA attitude. It almost feels like the manga itself is really trying to hard-push some sort of self-righteous vegan agenda.

... Yeah. If I was in wolfy-boi's shoes, I'd never go the route he went. I guess on one level I respect him for it, but it kinda disgusts me too. I could never see life as precious nor valuable. Equal sure, but only equal in it all being motile meat. If I was him, I'd have gone in the opposite direction and tried predating on other carnivores.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get the rationale for what animals get to be humanoid, and what don't. Like, why can't insects talk? Just for the whole "ant-shakes" gag? And we know that there are sea creatures that are sentient, and have language, but is it only sea mammals? Are fish sentient? What about crustaceans, which are basically large sea insects, do they speak seaspeak? And furthermore what do undersea creatures look like? So far we've only seen the head of something (a seal?) poking out of the water and speaking. Snakes don't have limbs, but any limbs on other animals become humanoid with hands and feet, so would a dolphin just have a pair of burly arms? Whales have vestigial leg bones inside their bodies, what about those? Every question this author answers just leads to more questions!
tPOdC0.jpg

eYtjpq.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
whoaaa! he looks more prettier than before... i probably should eat bugs from now on...

Dex-chan lover
"Respect for life", the hunter's mantra, huh?
It is a good question what happens in a world in which hunting is practically illegal. There's no upper limit as to how much a species can propagate, other than exhausting all natural resources.
It'd make sense if there was a breeding limit for certain herbivores, like cows, deer and goats, whom destroy grasslands and valleys. But on the same level, I guess that very "limit" is artificially made via financial problems. If they really do eat that much, it's going to be expensive to feed that many mouths.

And now I have officially over-thunk it just like the guys down there who were talking about whales with arms.

MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTHMAN MOTH MAN

Users who are viewing this thread