BEASTARS - Vol. 11 Ch. 97 - We Were Just Out Eating

Louis : “I always hates his airhead tendencies. Even after he ate my foot, that part of him still hasn’t changed.”

Yeah I agree with you on this one, Louis. It’s just so....anticlimatic

Dex-chan lover
I know I'm in the minority here but I'm just glad this arc is finally over. I picked up this manga for the world building potential and I had little interest in this fight to begin with. I can't help but be annoyed with Legosi. After all of his grandstanding about using his strength to protect herbivores, it seems the only thing he's protecting is his own ego. His stubborn insistence on enforcing his own idea of justice on Riz just feels... pointless, after he ate another person's flesh and blood in order to succeed, only for Riz to be apprehended by police at the end.

I don't know, the scene where Legosi jumped Bill on stage for using blood to dope sticks out at one of my favorites, so seeing Legosi resort to a more extreme form of doping was so hypocritical, it was hard for me to stomach. :/

Also I wish the author were a bit more consistent with the whole eat meat = power up mechanic. The Shishigumi goons were shown to eat meat on a daily basis but there were treated like fodder by pre-training Legosi and Gouhin.

I see a lot of people be iffy with how this ended and I cant blame them, its not perfect but I feel like thats the point.
Things will always be messy and never go exactly how you expect it to go. And thats okay.

Wow, even the police are better in this universe. Also, they must look completely insane to the officers... I mean, without the context of Legosi's restraint, the fight, the killings, and their friendship, it just looks coocoo lol

Banned
A wolf is similar to a dog... I'm surprised the police didn't just shoot him for that. The pigs love shooting dogs.

God damn, I know this manga isn't perfect story-wise or anything, but I really enjoyed this arc and I can't wait to see Legosi's and Louis's relationship develop more. The characters in this are fantastic, even the ones that are sort of dicks are still really likeable. And Louis somewhat blaming his own inaction and lack of care for Riz's murderous state says so much about his character. I really like seeing these somewhat "softer" sides of Louis come out and I'm hoping to see more of that. The slight inconsistencies of this manga and Legosi's slightly hypocritical morals aren't really bothering me as much as I feel they should be, so that might be why I've been enjoying this arc so much. I also feel like it almost would have been more anticlimactic for Riz to just die, as somewhat expected. I think I like this ending much better--it was pretty unexpected and not totally cliche.

Also, they keep saying Louis's foot got eaten, but holy shit some panels make it look like the entire lower half of his leg + his knee got eaten. I don't think I'd call that a foot, but ok ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

A way to end a volume! I don't care about the people who really need to put their heads up their ass with the whole "THIS ISN'T REALISTIC!!!" thing. Of course it's not. But that's what makes me love it as much as I do.

One thing tho. I wish that Legoshi would never have gone through the whole "strength transferring from jaw to arms", I wish he would have fought with his true canine power. Eh, one dislike among millions of likes.

@obamaa It's all on their dumbasses for not realizing that this series is published under "SHOOOUUUNEN Champion" in the first place (elongated "SHOUNEN" to be more emphatic, 'cause it just can't be emphasized enough apparently to all these dummies)

...As if shounen would be an excuse or even a justification for not "realistic".

I have some problems with the last few chapters but realism isnt one of them. In my experience only fools would go ahead and claim whats realistic and what not in a fantasy world with their own laws.

But I do agree thats really.. well, it was certainly a manga published in a shounen magazine but that was it(if anything you can do anything and claim its a shounen) but now its like the author got pressure to actually have action elements to be "exciting" and the story is really suffering from it. Might be just that the author was actually at the end and its just making stuff up to continue his work.

Fed-Kun's army
goddamn... that was beautiful, i can see it that this would be the ending climax for the season 2, uhh, well, i guess... lol

btw, the moment i see Louis says; “i've lost my foot now, so i'm sure anything....” i laugh pretty hard that it was almost ruined the moment, lol, is that an intended pun or something? lmao

Users who are viewing this thread