BEASTARS - Vol. 14 Ch. 118 - A Machine Gun Without Ammo

@OniBarubary Honestly I think this is like, one of the moments that most perfectly defines both Legosi as a character and really the tone of the story itself. Shonen series are all about reckless self-sacrifice and flipping off bad authority figures. On one hand, it is kind of a cool moment for him, standing by his convictions while delivering a punch to the person who stands on top of his society. On the other larger hand, he permanently disfigured himself to assuage his guilt and try to prove a point.

A lot of this series is about how self-destructive that sort of hotblooded shonen protagonist behavior is, even when he's doing the "right" thing in most cases. At the same time, you can't adamantly go against the norms of society and come out unscathed.

Group Leader
It's symbolism. As the title of this chapter implies, a carnivore pulling out all their teeth is like a man with a machine gun emptying the gun of all ammo.

this is honestly such a pristine piece of literature idc what people say this is amazin

Banned
... Just... WHY would he rip his own teeth out?

Seriously... that kind of sick idealism is beyond fucked up.
The answer to this situation is quite straightforward: Two guys with different ideals fight, one dies, the other wins. Who would mutilate their own face for the sake of claiming some meaningless sense of righteousness? The horse aggroed him, so he is fully within his rights to vector the fucker through the window... IF he can.

I just hope the teeth can be put back in.... otherwise he'll be drinking soup for the rest of his miserable life.

legosi is gonna end up becoming the next sublime beastar, right? it feels like a natural conlcusion of his story after this and all the shit he's gone and going through

Fed-Kun's army
......he goes really too far...is he just some messed up and jaded machonist ?
I mean it was all his teeth...just why ...hopefully his lizard blood grows them back cause this is beyond fucked yep, I get he was trying to make a point but....urghh

ouch~ ugh... i cringed so much the moment i know he was pulling his teeth out... ಠ﹏ಠ ouch!

damn, @OniBarubary... your insight is completely understandable, that's such an interesting opinion theory man...

and thanks to you too @Renard, that does eased some of the pain... (': lmao

It seems like most of you compare this world to our own too much and you really shouldn't when reading this lol

Users who are viewing this thread