BEASTARS - Vol. 15 Ch. 133 - The High Tide Swallows the Beach's Sand

Dex-chan lover
More than a set of scales hidden under the fur, i want that dental regeneration trait appears soon.
Also, wolfie added a new person to his folder of "people i need to investigate", he may have a lot of half brothers or sisters.

Double-page supporter
poor girl obviously had a lot of mental health issues.. you guys calling her a horrible person and a sociopath are uhhhhhh bad

also i thought she was going to be a part of his mind but she's actually a ghost i guess? since she's revealing info Lego didn't seem to know about.

You'd think people who've reached this far into this manga would be less slut-shamey after reading through all those chapters with Haru. But oh nooooo, let's shun the women who choose to have sex for whatever reason that isn't pure uwu romantic love. What horrible people they are. /s

She was 19. You don't make the best life decisions when you're 19 and faced with extreme race (breed?) discrimination plus sudden changes to your body. Feeling ashamed of your parents for whatever reason is also a very common thing that most teenagers go through.

Dex-chan lover
Man, she really wasn't the best mother.

This was a fantastic and nuanced reveal; normally you get the mother who died before the manga/anime began being revealed to actually have been this ideal and wonderful mother that the child was right to idolize but as this chapter shows...she had a number of problems and didn't turn out to be that great of a person. I don't know if I'd necessarily say she had mental health issues but moreso was driven by incredible pressure by society and being put into a position she never had a choice about. As half komodo/half wolf there was so much working against her and unfortunately she caved into a lot of the problems society had with mixed species and rode that line. She obviously loved her dad and her son, but that love wasn't enough to conquer the intense burden she placed upon herself by reacting to how society wanted to view her and how she wanted them to see her.

Something to definitely keep in mind is that one can go through horrible experiences and still make poor decisions; her having to deal with so much isn't an excuse for being a poor mother and killing herself but it does make you understand it. Mental health issues or societal pressure don't make your decisions for you. You can't help what happens to you, just how you react and the decisions that you make with what life gives you.

Just ignore the incel brigade tho. At this point you shouldn't be surprised that commenters on manga boards have mind-numbingly idiotic views on sex or women. Leave em in the dust.

Dex-chan lover
She inherited more than she thought.
Ps5PUtM.png

Double-page supporter
Wow it musn't be nice to hear that your mother was a thot.
I wonder if Legosi will also have scales in his body when he turns up 19.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I feel kind of conflicted toward his mother. On the first hand, she wants to be normal as possible, but on other hand, she hurts her father and Legosi.
Boy, imagine being a father of a family who suicided because she had your trait. Gosha must be feeling awful as heck.
Wonder if we're going to have plot twist. She is doing suicide not because society pressure, but something else.

Love how Legosi end up having his grandpa trait a lot tho. Apparently poker face is reptile
trait 😂

Dex-chan lover
Imagine the dissociation she must've gone through, can't blame her on not knowing what to do with her herself. Still a shitty mother, but with understandable reasons.

Fed-Kun's army
A lot of you guys missed the point; she doesn't hate or resent her father or hate herself for being half k. dragon. She killed herself because she hated the fact that she would become hideously ugly. Image growing up beautiful then slowly you'd become so ugly people will look at you like a fucking monster. Leona is a vapid and vain person, and she is shitty for leaving behind a treasure, but her reasons are understandable. If you guys woke up one day lookin like rocky dennis from the mask, i'd bet you'd consider suicide.

Fed-Kun's army
there is no reason to be mad at anyone for not liking the mother. her vanity is her fatal flaw, and her only real trait. though we can't expect anyone to endure what she faced, as a mother she failed even as she gifted legosi with life. legosi is not someone she loves as a person, but a form she desired, a "pure blood", or as close as she could get, of her preferred species

Fed-Kun's army
I kind of wish they hadn't shown the father's name since his mother said she didn't remember it - a more accurate flashback would have that part blurred out/fuzzy or something. oh well!

I'd like to mention another perspective.
Let's consider the fact that komodo dragons are isolated due to their poison. This is something his mother is aware of, having been raised by her dad.
So which teenage girl voluntarily tells people about her hybrid nature which includes a POISONOUS dad, which, doesn't matter how kind and sweet he is, will get her isolated at best and bullied at worst? Doesn't matter if she's poisonous or not. Simply having a dad that can kill people if he shares food - well, that's enough to kiss school life goodbye.
Frankly, in her position, even if it seems crass, I would have considered hiding that fact as well, especially in a boarding school.

Her killing herself once she got daddys scales is another topic altogether, and frankly, I'd like to pass my judgment on that after the next chapter.

But honestly, personally I really like that she's so vain, it's honestly refreshing to see a dead, well loved and horrible vain mom. Love that. Mommys aren't perfect and even loving ones have their faults!

Group Leader
@Vofuro I agree, one of my favorite things about this manga it really lets honest, uncomfortable flaws through instead of having comfortable ideals layed upon every character who isn't a blatant antagonist. Too many characters (especially female across shounen manga) feel like the exact same person in a different color scheme.

O MY KOMODO GENE
But in all seriousness his mother is screwed in the head my dude. I guess you have to be to off yourself when you've got a young kid but still, damn.

Damn, why so many of you're so jumpy to the conclusions? We didn't saw the exact reason why she decided to off herself yet. May be there was biology involved. Like, did any of you had scales and fur at the same time? It may became so itchy, that scratching to blood became a considerable option. Depending on how severe it is, one can go insane. I mean, it may be not it, but why nobody takes that possibility into consideration?

Aggregator gang
Poor leano had some body image and other mental health issues. I'm guessing she killed herself cause she still wanted to be "beautiful" when she died. It's absolutely horrible to kill yourself and leave your child without a parent. And while I also hate the reasoning for her pursuing a stupid one night stand for her desire for a "pure" son I dislike her more for her suicide. She was clearly dealing with this hate of her ever growing scales.

I guess I also find her death pointless because she's the fusion of two of my favorite animals, the wolf and the Komodo dragon. In the end while she wasn't the best mother there is a (partially) logical path that shows why she did what she did. Doesn't excuse her suicide however and I'm saying this as someone who used to be incredibly depressed and suicidal.

Users who are viewing this thread