BEASTARS - Vol. 18 Ch. 153 - Howl of the Losing Dogs: A Fine Melody

Double-page supporter
That didn't go where I expected it too, but it was wholesome so It's good

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs.

https://discord.gg/Xv7sMEP or https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review

Legoshi mentions full moon and deep night. That brings current date to July 17 based off numbers in Ch 135.

Pretended to howl? So Jack and Kolo didn’t actually Howl?

I wonder how special the Howl if it can give info long distance in Beastars.

One of Legoshi traits is he actually looks and understand people. The way Legoshi catches Jack reminds of Ch 38 Haru noting Legoshi saw as herself. So Legoshi see his friend’s true self. It just he doesn’t often follow up and be a good friend [long time not meeting 701, lack of interaction with Haru[on that note, so its been at least 10 days since he saw Haru?]

Minor note, but I can see why 701 didn’t notice Jack is depressed since they didn’t even notice Legoshi is telling the truth last chapter

Australian shepherd, Labrador Retriever, Doberman, Poodle, and Border collie

Does this mean Dogs are smartest species? Even though Cats were also domesticated? And Orangutans are noted to be smart enough to entertain women [Vol 9 omake]

I wonder who made the material if the professors haven’t been taught this. Is this some special order made after Cherryton failed to get a Beastars?

Hum, why can’t Jack try to make effort to hang out with those other dogs. Or does he assume they don’t have the same issue of lack of feeling….

Jack has cried and felt negative emotions before, both with Legoshi. So either Legoshi can bring those emotions out, or the robotic nature of class is killing his emotions, or both.

Was Jack told the dog dictatorship plan directly? Or was that a reasonable assumption he made based on history and the dog nature.

Jack, you knew Legoshi since you were 7. That is 11 years. Legoshi only changed in the last year. Legoshi didn’t change because he was a wolf in that year, but something happened [Haru which you know about]. Legoshi just had a trigger to grow up

RIP Jack actually did want to die. JK, he just wanted to be rebellious, but what did he think would happen when he did that? Other option is to die?

Finger time. Yay Jack is safe

To suffer but have reason, is better than painless but empty life.

If Legoshi does howl before, I wonder how come Jack hasn’t heard it. Or he makes sure to do it solo each time?

Dex-chan lover
that was cute, but now the question is.
Who engineered dogs?
How did they engineer them?

I mean there are no humans to breed wolves into dogs, are there?

I really want Jack and Louis to meet and compare notes on how deeply weird Legoshi is and how much they love him for it.

Dex-chan lover
Dogs can't hate my rear end.
I know a dog who hates black people. Snarling, spitting, trying to rip through a door levels of hate. No idea why, since their owners are a mixed couple of Chinese and Mexican who don't hate anyone. Incredibly sweet people.
I know another dog who hates females. No idea why as well. If one walks by the outside of the yard it just stares and growls until they're out of sight. If they come into the yard, the owner has to chain her up outside.
Also knew a massive dog (half mastiff, half who knows what) named Ghost covered in scars who hated everyone but the owners (actual Hell's Angels members, though incredibly nice to me every time I hung out with them or with Ghost), me, and my friend Tyrone. Though Ghost likes Tyrone in a different way, since he tries to hump him literally every time he sees him, lol. Even slimed the back of his shirt a few times 😚. Though I understand why Ghost hated humans. His scars came from previous owners who forced him into dog fights.
Dogs can hate just fine, lol.

Edit: And quit with the false 'wolves howl at the moon' thing! They howl all the time, and the moon just happens to be up some of them.

Didn't expect it to go this way but I am relieved Jack's ok. That was cute!

Dex-chan lover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkPdHaVRHzs
Song for the chapter basically

Users who are viewing this thread