BEASTARS - Vol. 18 Ch. 154 - Jack-sensei's History Classroom

Dex-chan lover
If he's so big.. where the hell is he living if not in the sea? *squint* and it's the sea animals, a third party, that ended the world war. Huh.... HUH

Many thanks

man she kinda butchered this series. I haven't been interested since like ch 40. jumps around more than a Mexican on the US border

Dex-chan lover
@miner49er that's just your poor taste bro. Also stop capping when you're already 154 chapters in and you say it's been uninteresting since chap 40? Man fuck outta here lmao

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this doctored version of history benefits the Carnivores - saying they were nice from the start, the Herbivores were unreasonable and started a war, the Carnivores wanted to stop, and then A WHALE SHOWED UP and they stopped fighting. And now, in a society where the Herbivores are protected and the Carnivores have to hide their true nature, shouldn't the Carnivores reclaim their power? That's the lesson I think they're trying to teach Jack.

...except, at the same time, they're saying that the "old ways" were pretty much the same as the current times? living in harmony, NOT eating each other? So if their aim is to incite a Carnivore rebellion, that doesn't seem like strong bait.

And if they want to preserve the Herbivore supremacy, then the story doesn't do a good job of that narrative, either. I guess it implies that Carnivores have always been savages, and need the Herbivores to keep them in control? But I don't get that message very strongly from the story, either.

idk, I'm assuming this history is fake (or at least heavily twisted) because of all the plot beats letting me know it's a Bad Thing and driving Jack fucking insane listening to it. But I can't figure out who's side it's slanted towards. Maybe there's a 3rd party who benefits the most from this? But the only third party would be the Sea Animals, and their whole deal is "not giving a shit"? Or maybe the story isn't done yet, and the truly horrifying details will make things clear.

or... I might just be an idiot and this is all going over my head. :p

Dex-chan lover
...i don’t think I care about the Deep Lore at all.
I just wanna know what happens to Melon and to find out if Haru and Legosi have kids of some kind.

@pdonk Land animals were fighting and sea animals stopped them somehow. That's the TL;DR. Details don't matter as much, cause it's ancient history and a lot of stuff could be wrong or a lie.

I was expecting a complete carnage but this is fine... though getting to know carivores killed over half of the herbivores population its quite f up

I will wait the next informations about the History part before asking anything. But I see huge ressemblances with the end of the "great XIXth century".

For your informations, WW1 created generations of alcooholics and addicts. Everyday, mens were supplied with liters of wine and tobacco, the reason behind that was to make them less sensible to the pain and absurdity of the situation. After the war, the civilisation was "back to normal", but not the humans that composed her : Habituated with violences and new way of consommation, the now veterans were incapable to change back to pre-war habitudes.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this went so far off the deep end it's actually acceptable. Suspension of disbelief relatively untouched, mostly 'cause I don't really care anymore.

So going by the picture, they had ww1/ww2 ish clothing during the war but still used melee weapons like a spear? No shit the herbivores would lose to carnivores in that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread