BEASTARS - Vol. 20 Ch. 171 - Staring Into My Lips And Threatening Me

Dex-chan lover
Translating "mate" as "stay" is a rather strange. I feel like translating it as "wait" would be better. People use "wait" command in training dogs too.

Fed-Kun's army
matte (待って), as opposed to mate (まて)
It was gonna bother me, had to say it.

Also: Day 10 Legosi
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
Introducing new aspects of the character's lives, supposedly present from the beginning, so late in the series is pretty risky thing, now doing in twice in a row is kinda discomforting.... And I'm just talking about the tablecloth thing and the commands, not even mentioning the river thing

I hope itagaki has this under control, I really hope she does

I really like the "Stay" idea but, that working to a pure (not that much in his case) wolf, not a dog, sounds forced as this kind of thing is part of the traits brought and potentialized by the selective breeding along the centuries that created the dog species.
You could defend it by the premise of the caste society and loyalty among wolves, but it still seems not too convincing as an argument to me.

Double-page supporter
@RangoBongo

https://mangadex.org/chapter/391495/1

Look at that first panel. The Tasteful Thickness of Legosi's Mini Internal Monologue. Oh my God, it even has a Haru and Legosi hug.

@mickhail , Even tho that is selectively breeding in dog, that doesnt mean such trait doesnt exist in wild wolf. Even some wolf are very approachable, friendly, and playful toward human/other species if they grown up in an enviorment that positively stimulate such interaction. If i am not wrong, some recent study also show that wild wolf cub in consevation reflectively catch a ball and return it to human even before they ever see other canine do it, so imo it is not too far off.

Dex-chan lover
Mmmh i will give it until Melon is defeated, but i am quite certain that Paru may be just a 5/10 author, and the series should have ended when Legosi defeated Riz.
Hell the beaster hasn't done shit in the entire story.

Users who are viewing this thread