BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 193 - Part of Your World

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review. Huge shoutout to Soundfox, 5pike, Wulfy, Jujstme our typesetter and cleaners/redrawers.

Can’t say it is a surprise to see BAM demolished after the destruction in 190. If they restored BAM after the group destruction, it would be a big F to the rioters.

Legoshi is still missing his year… And they couldn’t give him a prosthetic ear?

Quite a handwave to all the BAM groups, turf wars and such if the other 3 groups did not say anything, or hail Legoshi as his leader. Then again, BAM doesn’t exist for the 3 groups to make a bi deal.

Not sure how much of an impact is daily life since didn’t see daily life in first place. What happened to his job [which he skipped out on]. Or the deal for record?

Quite random for the shift to see Zaguan move out, but it makes sense that Not everything revolves around Legoshi, and everyone has their own life. But I wonder if he ever finished his book since that is why he moved on to the land in the first place.

Moving a TV to an iceberg… what kind of world are sea animals…

Shouldn’t the dolphin movers set up an appointment before moving? Otherwise, what if they can’t find the balls?

Pg going with love is going to sound weird to the west who uses love more in a deep way, but this is more in a bromance way.

Legoshi is known for being arrogant, thinking he can help Zaguan’s problem. However, it is also the thought and act of kindness that matter.

Very anticlimactic to see the fate of Yahya and Melon like this despite the ending of 192. However, we do know it the end of the Melon arc since Melon did not rise in 192 last panel.

Melon getting rehabilitated, but unlikely due to the ending of 192. I guess there are still melon followers despite him losing.

WTF with Meat getting abolished? Louis Carnivores need meat. No, we shall ban meat…. Comment more later.

So to end the Herbivore/Carnivore war, Whale just said eat sea animals? But if that was enough to stop the war, why did they stop eating meat? Then again, this goes back to Zaguan’s comment on the word everyone. By Everyone, Zaguan referred to sea to land. Sea consider Land as wonderful place as they don’t eat each other. While Sea may be fine with eating each other, I’m sure they still want to live.

Yahya a smart horse, to realize the trap with the trade deal. While it may have been offered in the best of intentions, if Land depend on sea, conflict occurs. Just like how the world dependents on Cheap Chinese goods, China has power over most of the world with the conflict.

Emotional goodbye hug

Good Parallel between whale & Yahya vs Zaguan & Legoshi, with Zaguan as Legoshi role and already doing what Yahya is doing. Legoshi already trying to find a balance between sea and land, where Yahya said to keep distance.

Zaguan too easy going for this plot twist. It does make sense with his nature, as he is show to be easy going, and whimsical about life. People are going to complain that this chapter is a waste since Zaguan changed his mind. Not so, since it perfectly fit with Zaguan nature to change his mind and it shows the current sea-land relationship, and in turn the state of the land.

No comment on the Louis x Juno date.

End comments review: Paru suck at time passage, as this does not look like 2 months. Bandages shouldn’t be needed after 2 months, which both Legoshi & Yahya have.

The whole direction to remove BAM seems to move to a better future, but ignore one of the central themes. BAM is to prevent Carnivores falling into their instincts, per both gouhin and Louis. Carnivore Ancestors ate each other. Carnivores do need meat, which Legoshi admitted. Louis said so in the conference. To deny that aspect of themselves is going to cause more accidental killings. Legoshi & Riz didn’t intend to eat Haru/Tem, but made the move cause they are carnivores.

The whole view of life, sea and land, is good though. How Land tries to care for each other not to eat.

Overall, I rate this chapter as 2/5. Zaguan part is good, same with sea/land. However, destruction of BAM is just …..

Dex-chan lover
Wow the change was really deus ex machina, If the sea already has an agreement to sell their corpse to the land, isn't this whole conflict kinda pointless? Like what was the point of the black market if fish dude already mass producing fish nuggies?

Dex-chan lover
It's been quite a while since Juno's been a relevant character.

Dex-chan lover
6-ab11dd60e4b1a7cc6612ce21b502e7dd6d5acd598af0faec2075781ccae210dc.png

Dex-chan lover
Honestly one of the most believable things about this manga is that a psychopathic douche like Melon has tons of crazy admirers. I wish he was killed off, imo he managed to drag this story's rating down 3 points all on his own and I really don't want him to show up in the future.

As unsuitable as I find it that a Yahya made the decision to decline the sea creature's trade proposal all on his own, I think it's the right decision. The sea creature's perspective on life is unique and beautiful. Capitalism would only corrupt that and invite more wars.

And I'm glad Zaguan is staying around! He's such a charming character.

Dex-chan lover
Lol so the answer all along was to eat fish meat? To be a pescatarian?
Many thanks

I like this huge cultural divide between the sea and the land - it sounds very much like how it could be if they could speak.

Dex-chan lover
Melon feels like what moriarty was for BBC sherlock.

Spoilers for sherlock
a interesting case study of an evil/morally deranged man who is supposed to be a foil to the main character or represent something they always longed for, with a great skill for pretending to be harmless while he's actually filled with rage and a chilling kind of insanity.

And then the role in the story gets dragged out a bit too long as the moriarty seemingly easily gathers fans and allies or turns folks against the heroes, while committing schemes and getting away more or less Scott free. Does a fake out and gets put on a bus, the bus comes back and his presence in the story always looms over your head even if he ends up dead, he never quite goes away.

But maybe I'm only comparing them bc this melon arc made me feel fatigued in much the same way as BBC sherlock did when it stopped focusing on the more fun characters and decided to go full edgelord rube Goldberg machine plot instead of a fun bread crumb trail of story, seemingly unrelated happenstance in beastars was already more enjoyable for me and introspective slice of life fluff mixed with some action and tackling often rough difficult topics using animal people as an allegory.

.... I hope the next arcs are better.

Users who are viewing this thread