BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 194 - Eternity Until Every Window Turns Dark

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review. Huge shoutout to Soundfox, 5pike, Wulfy, Jujstme our typesetter and cleaners/redrawers.

The cover sucks, why Haru and Legoshi not arm locked. The raw has the note 3 chapters till the end, meaning 196 is the last chapter. This note is removed since it is more of an advertisement, and we found the clean version to use. Note on series ending later.

Page 3 confirmed the series ending with her side notes on the top left.

Louis has noted Juno has high confidence back in Ch 32 and 57, that it has not base. But Juno is right since doesn’t have a reason to accept Juno request for a date since he busy with his company. With his obligation, he doesn’t have a reason to go.

Juno is right that Movie dates are not good. A date is more about bonding activity to know the person. Movie date is focused on the movie and doesn’t excite interest to either party. Where stuff like Hiking, dinner, does tell you more about them [or train ride in this case]. Even if the Train rides does not have a destination, the ride itself is enjoyable with all the talking

Good Contrast Between Azuki and Juno, who seem to be opposites.

Louis is forced to be the leader of his stage, but that doesn’t me like likes being the leader. So when encountering Juno who he has to follow the pace instead, it feel refreshing.

I wouldn’t say Azuki is bad despite saying she has no interest for Louis. She is forced in the situations. Remember she did try to care for Louis in ch 143. It just, she is focused on being a prisoner of her fate, and never argues with it. Other stories have both parties try to argue, which lead to romance. She is focused on formality not not realizing it could be more.

At the same time, by confirming his fate with Azuki, Louis could save the Shishigumi, which is harder without this marriage.

I’m not too disappointed with the development of Louis x Juno, as it is unreasonable to dump the HC [aka by dumping Azuki]. Louis can grow HC to however he wants, but Azuki was always a glaring problem with the relationship. Say if Louis chases after Juno, what to do about Azuki? He can’t exactly ignore the reason he was adopted.

Why is Random Gouhin in the background but no speech bubble. Could at least have a speech bubble to implied he is the focus of the next chapter instead of being a random camo after not appearing in melon arc [Despite appearing in 156…]. Which I assume wedding for Legoshi X Haru?

Flashing back to chapter title, it is a google title since it shows dark has 2 parts: How it goes day to night, and the end of the dream. Louis wishes the moment last forever, but it has to end

No one is happy with this news as Melon arc was less than stellar Ch 196 end volume 22. If Beastars is ending, it would have been better to have it as Vol 23 end, 9 additional chapter for ending, SoL story as the root of the series.

Melon arc was very messy. While the core message was there, and could be better if developed each part equally, it just missed it most of the time.

I rate this chapter as ⅘, prefer as 7/10 but rounded up. Not too exciting though.

Dex-chan lover
Oh Juno, he is only attracted to you because he can't have Legosi

Makes me a little sad to see this series go, but the last to chapters have been good. to bad it wont make it to ch. 200 like i thought it would.

Dex-chan lover
"you may have kissed me Juno, but Lego ate my fucking leg, i'm pretty sure who's the winner here"

Dex-chan lover
LOL JUNO! GIRL! Honeyyyyy
That's one way to get remembered lol also.... he can just kiss legosi if he wants fangs/canines.. COUGHCOUGHCOUGHHHH
Many thanks

I usually don't complain for the (horrible) memes at the end of the chapter. But making gay jokes should definitely be a no-no.
Well, this snipe group showed multiple times how bad it is.

Users who are viewing this thread