BEASTARS - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - The Customer Who Sits Next to Me

Dex-chan lover
i just realized on my nth read through they mention seaspeak in this chapter, i want to bang my head against a wall

@Paru yep just realized that as well, I wonder if the author planned this in advance.
Or if they just added a small detail and then though hey let's use this in the current arc because it would be cool.

Dex-chan lover
Getting paid 1800 yen a week seems pretty low for a part time job. Though I suppose egg laying doesn't take much skill or effort. Legom is probably a rare case who puts in more effort than most.

Dex-chan lover
The concept of one person eating another person's by-products makes me uncomfortable, but you do what you gotta do to survive and maintain harmony I guess. xD
Going by this chapter's mention of seaspeak, I suppose the oceans are full of fish-people civilizations? It would explain the lack of seafood in the cafeteria.

I was wondering when they would introduce chickens into the story. I absolutely adore chickens as I have raised one from chick to hen a few years ago.

Noticing all the comments here seem recent. New readers from the anime that just couldn't wait for a weekly episode release?

1st of all, I can't believe I never knew that chicken can lay unfertilized eggs. I'm actually freaking shook. Like I occasionally feel kinda guilty when I eat chicken eggs (strangely enough) when the ones sold are usually unfertilized eggs anyway.... at least according to google. And 2ND OF ALL!!! This was so wholesome. I was a little shocked at the beginning, but wow. My heart swells for this chicken now ♡

@uttanova well, when a story this good comes around, It's hard to contain the excitement!! Honestly tho, I'm glad I picked up the manga as well as watched the anime, cause they're both so darn good in their own rights.

Users who are viewing this thread