BEASTARS - Vol. 8 Ch. 67 - Alternating the Currents of Dentition

Fed-Kun's army
Legosi, crusher of a thousand hearts, conquering of a thousand mouths(with a dude being his first), master of denseness, unintentional teasing gury, situational awareness: Zero.

By the way, it was pretty obvious that the bear should be the culprit even back when legosi was french kissing and getting thrashed, but now it's even more obvious.

Anyway, I was kind of thinking that he might be losing strength due to loss of muscle mass due to heavy training and insufficient food. But perhaps he set a mental limit on himself by overcoming his feral side? Like the brain limiting his power levels and ferocity. Still seems weird to me, the dude can't even bite an apple, the fuck?

Fed-Kun's army
Just a little rant: 67 chapters in and I still have no idea how to pronounce Legosi, but I call him Legacy in my head because if it looks similar it must sound similar.

@BloodCoveredAngel didn't you watch the anime? or you can just type it on google translate and listen.

btw, the syllable SI in japanese, contrary to the others S syllables, actually has a SHI sound.

Banned
@Lyohzeed : "Legosi" isn't a Japanese name though. Early on in the manga the mangaka straight up said that he was named after Bela Lugosi... a retro actor who was reknowned for playing Dracula. For that matter, also the subject of a certain Bauhaus track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

So yeah... if you're pronouncing the name as would be phonetic for a Japanese person (e.g. saying "shi" instead of "si")... you're doing it wrong. I'm inclined to say the translator is spelling it wrong too, but I'm not all that bothered really.

Banned
@Lyohzeed : I presume the name is Hungarian... since Bela Lugosi was.

Still... even if you watched the anime before the manga, I guess I'm sorta surprised that you didn't instantly recognise the name. Bela Lugosi was REALLY fuckin famous, y'know (even if he was WW2 era)? I mean I strongly suspected it from the very first moment the main character was named. Maybe I'm just old though. Or maybe I've been listening to too much Bauhaus lately.

@SotiCoto The only black and white movies I know are from Chaplin, and remembering names isn't my thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I was always bad at history)

@SotiCoto You should also know that in Hungarian, 'si' is pronounced as 'shee'

If you want it to be the way you're used to pronouncing it up to this point in Hungarian, then his name would be "Legoszi" (Le-go-see)

That's just how it is outside our native English tongues. The Katakana deal actually has little to no interference whatsoever with this.

This is why it's spelled the way it is in the official translations that use the latin alphabet, "Legoshi" in order to avoid having this confusion

Banned
@Hoshious : Curious. Still seems odd to see it written that way though. I mean I thought it was one of those issues of languages only having certain sounds, but I'd assumed it was a problem on the Japanese side rather than a feature of the Hungarian side. Heh... Fair enough.

Juno: That son of a bitch played with my heart again
The guy over in the corner: SHUT..THE..FUCK.......UP!

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is not really making it clear why he was losing strength. It's not like was ever eating meat to begin with, while it is heavily implied that what the Panda said holds truth: he wants more power? He needs meat.

Users who are viewing this thread