Beatrice - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Kinda disappointed the main guy is such an awful person. I really don't want to see any romance plot between the princess and him.

@akisame Yeah, I don't understand why recently so many manhwa/manhua/manga are keen on glorifying toxic and abusive relationship and romanticizing relationships with these psychopaths. Or maybe they've been existing for a long time, it just that I recognize them pretty recently. I wonder if it is because it is a fantasy so people are free to dream of being abused or it really reflects the point of view of these authors.

Supporter
It's pretty common in shoujo and josei manga/manhua/manhwa with a frail, floor mat female lead to fall in love with the first abusive bastard that she encounters. Especially if you're reading smut or what I like to call the rape-mance sub-genre that is so popular in manhua.

It's basically the female version of the wimpy and worthless shounen male lead that inexplicably gets a harem of intelligent, beautiful and successful girls after him.

That’s...that’s the male lead? We’re supposed to like him? When his men are the type to cheer at the prospect of sexual assault? When he deliberately unclothes a woman to make her vulnerable before killing her? I’m...disgusted.

Thanks for your hard work, scanlating team, but the content is so darn abhorrent.

@Moth I feel like I didn't notice as much when I was younger, but as I got older I became more and more horrified with even just asshole characters who were verbally abusive. This guy derives straight up pleasure from humiliating and murdering women though. He's terrifying.

Was here for reincarnation tag, didnt checked if it was isekai.. (I like isekai though), but I thought that as***** will kill her and she'll reincarnate and revenge her death..

Is he really the Male lead? Like really????!! He is a freaking as**#;@&&@;@;@. The red haired guy is a freaking bas#@^×&&@,@;;@;@ jsjenejejejshshwiwioqksndnshsueu1oaknsbsbnsnsjjdjdkksoa0wjwbebbenenjri3io2lnrbrkeowokana

I am pretty sure that even a commoner woman would be embarrassed by a small thing like that. I like dark stories but so far no character seems interesting or anything.

mrf

@KarrotKakes
I don't know!! Help... Something wrong when i didn't have enough sleep. Lol i hope it's gone. I think it's already marked as moderate or something, then it's good. Maybe i was drunk that time??!
I think I'm still half conscious when i posted it.
Thank goodness i don't go to some social media like twitter or something that time.

Look at that, a slightly older female MC. They are so few and far inbetween they are next to mythological creatures (but tbf mythological creatures appear more often in manga/manhwa)

The lead guy is such trash though, I assume the red haired guys only purpose is to make the lead seem less terrible by comparison but so far his only redeeming quality is that he... makes slaves instead of corpses out of MC and her maids? Hm.

I'm so glad that there are so many people that hate isekai as much as I do.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Seems unlikely for Graham to be the male lead and completely trash. Granted he's cold blooded, holds nobles to a high standard that doesn't seek in his men like Leo, but does have some interesting points. Such as doesn't enjoy killing or the scent of blood, granted Alicia's request to be killed, and has no interest in being a prince or the next king. Definitely needs better discipline, concept of common decency and honor instilled in knights considering Leo's and the others cruel bullying. Like that guy on horseback, he's riding a horse and they're bound to a cart and have been marching along for a week, likely with little rest or decent food, and yet they're suppose to be able to keep up? If wanted to go faster should've put them on a wagon rather than obvious bullying and breaking their spirits through cruelty and exhaustion. Seems like Graham's main problem is extremely tired of life and corrupt people and has locked away his emotions, empathy and heart. Doesn't excuse him for acting like a heartless bastard but bet dollars to doughnuts that the flag Beatrice raised about not seeing him again is likely to lead her into getting close with him and reawakening his positive emotions. Be interesting to see how many chapters before thrown together again and realizing Chloe is Beatrice. Although unless Gilbert divorces her or becoming a war slave makes someone lose the right to be married or Gilbert dies she's still considered by law to be his wife and can't have any relationships with other men.

Dex-chan lover
Does that guy with the red hair want to defile some one that bad jeez the past few chapters all he's done is abuse the mc and then cry about not having the princess

The isekei backstory is pretty unnecessary. Surely there are other ways to explain why a slave would desire literacy. It's not like her modern veterinary background would do her much good in the middle ages.

Speaking of middle ages, you guys do realize that it's the middle ages right? Do guys think they have the concept of human rights? They have slaves for God's sake, of course the ML is an asshole. That's not even mentioning the fact that they're royals from an enemy country. Do you expect them to be given tea and cookies? Go complain about the asshole MLs in shoujo set in the 21st century

Dex-chan lover
whats the point of making it an isekai when you do absolutely nothing with it? you were a slave (which wtf why would you a modern woman accept being a slave?) for 20 years and seeing as how shitty your situation is you never did any amazing isekai things, no inventions, no games, no knowledge you just lived a boring life and then you were a bland background princess for 2 years before becoming a slave.
why even bring isekai into it?

Users who are viewing this thread