Beatrice - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Fed-Kun's army
No one cares about your stupid recommendations. You could get the translators in problems. Please, stop posting these on social media.

What the hell is your goddamn problem? You're not god, what gives you the right to constantly harass these people who repost your translations to this level? Ask people not to credit you so you don't get caught and move the hell along? Asking your followers to bother them and pulling crap like this is disgusting and even if you say 'it's not harassment' you're bothering people who don't want to be bothered. You attacked a bunch of middle schoolers for posting their own translations and then tried to incite a raid on them by telling your followers to go into their chat when they refused to take it down.

You do not own the material. The way you do translations is not copyrightable. Stop acting like you own this stuff and leave people alone or stop using credits that link back to you.

ka

is it me alone who hates the ML??
thank you for your effort TL

Dex-chan lover
@RunyStarr
You're potentially ruining it for everyone.
They are well aware that they don't own it and because of that they don't want these translations to be spread lest they catch the ire of the actual copyright holders. Is this so hard to understand?

Dex-chan lover
Whhhhaaattttt I'm confuseddddddd but ok I wish him happiness as long as he doesn't torment our Mc.. Which is obviously asking for too much LOL

Many thanks

Group Leader
@RunyStarr Hello! I understand that you have a problem with us telling others to stop reposting on Instagram. I would like to address your comments.
You're not god, what gives you the right to constantly harass these people who repost your translations to this level?
I do not believe I am harassing them. If needed, I can provide every screenshot of my conversations and messages to each Instagram account we have contacted to demonstrate how civil we are when asking them to take down the posts. I have never once forced them to take it down but rather asked. Since I am only asking I do not believe that is considered harassment.

Ask people not to credit you so you don't get caught and move the hell along?
Even if credit is not given to us, it is still evident that someone or some group is working on the series. Thus we would love it if reposts were to not be made in general on Instagram since Instagram is a worldwide platform that authors and artists of each series actively use.

Asking your followers to bother them and pulling crap like this is disgusting
I have stated in my announcements that we all can only politely ask them to take down the posts and have also specifically stated that if they continue to leave the posts or continue posting more, that we can not do anything about it and will have to just leave it.

You attacked a bunch of middle schoolers for posting their own translations and then tried to incite a raid on them by telling your followers to go into their chat when they refused to take it down.
Yes, I did make a 'tea' announcement in regards to their translations but I never incited for my followers to raid their servers. Every single person that entered the server did so on their own accord. But I understand why it seemed like a raid and so I will not include their server invite.

You do not own the material.
I have acknowledged this multiple times, that all scanlation is technically illegal and thus nothing is owned by any group. This is also the main reason why we have asked that no reposts are made on Instagram as it could get us into some serious legal troubles. If that were to happen, we would have to discontinue our work and possible disband the group.

@Liver

Oh, I'm completely aware of that, however, there's plenty of different ways to keep their identities hidden and to protect the translations that don't involve harassment and discord raids and I find it disgusting they keep taking it further and further to bother and humiliate these people. Like I said before, they harassed middle schoolers who were doing their own thing translating and posting on Instagram. That's not their translation so why do they feel the need to bother and harass every single person they see post an English translation of their work? It's to the point they have a chat in their discord server that's literally linked to people who do repost for people in ther server to bother them.

Why do I feel like the story is gonna frame this relationship as the MC is such a bland meek moeblob even the woman hating duke doesn't fear her and calls that "love"?
Wow such romance, much feels, I totally ship it. /s

@itsmae
Okay so i'm realizing i'm getting a bit fired up so i'm gonna try and cool down and sorta address what you're saying to the best of my abilities, my apologies if i get worked up again.

I do not believe I am harassing them. If needed, I can provide every screenshot of my conversations and messages to each Instagram account we have contacted to demonstrate how civil we are when asking them to take down the posts. I have never once forced them to take it down but rather asked. Since I am only asking I do not believe that is considered harassment.
Even if you're polite, you give the impression that you've asked multiple times, even when they've ignored you or blocked you. When they ignore or block you, you go into your discord and ask the members to message them in your place. They don't want to be bothered and they've made that clear and yet what you do is skirting around that and makes it look like you, if not your discord is harassing them.

Even if credit is not given to us, it is still evident that someone or some group is working on the series. Thus we would love it if reposts were to not be made in general on Instagram since Instagram is a worldwide platform that authors and artists of each series actively use.
Fair enough, however I still feel you could do other things then asking your server members to go bother the people who don't want to listen to you and using the first page of these chapters to publically humiliate several instagrams. Whether you want it to or not, that's going to lead to harassment. Like that's just a terrible thing to do and believe it or not that will probably incite more people to steal chapters out of spite if not for attention.

I have stated in my announcements that we all can only politely ask them to take down the posts and have also specifically stated that if they continue to leave the posts or continue posting more, that we can not do anything about it and will have to just leave it.
But linking back to the people who do it completely undermines that statement. You're still bothering these people, just now through your followers.

Yes, I did make a 'tea' announcement in regards to their translations but I never incited for my followers to raid their servers. Every single person that entered the server did so on their own accord. But I understand why it seemed like a raid and so I will not include their server invite.
You're correct, i'll retract that statement. However, if I remember correctly you said there was tea, dropped the link and said 'you can get the real juice there'. You should have known better and the fact it took you 6 or so days to realize that is probably something you should look into.

I have acknowledged this multiple times, that all scanlation is technically illegal and thus nothing is owned by any group. This is also the main reason why we have asked that no reposts are made on Instagram as it could get us into some serious legal troubles. If that were to happen, we would have to discontinue our work and possible disband the group.
That's fair. But again you had to right to go bothering another group who was doing their own scanlation and I feel like if you haven't yet, you do owe them an apology. and maybe make your battles with instagram a bit less public because at this point, you're going too far and I honestly felt like i had to speak up.

@katkritiques

The translators work hard to get these up for us readers, literally for our enjoyment for FREE. So like, Idk if I were you I’d give them more respect and follow what they need from us cause really they don’t ask for anything in return for the time and effort they put into these translations.

Except at times, scanlation groups hold their scanlations hostage. As NASS has proven, you can get attacked if you scanlate something that someone else has already claimed. In most of their discord groups, you're not allowed to give any kind of negative critique without the worry of being banned, thus creating an echo chamber where they rarely hear anyone actually criticize the things they do, whether or not it's valid critique. I have to do this publically because I have been banned from giving genuine critique on other scanlation groups before. I'm also on an alt account of an alt account and a VPN. I've talked to other people who have had similar opinions, and most of us do feel like we can't speak out about our grievences. Do scanlators deserve respect? Yeah but stuff like this makes is an automatic 'lose all respect' from me

@RunyStarr I don't think it's about whether or not the insta accounts want to be bothered or not, but they're clearly endangering the scanlators who've provided for us free scanlations. A similar thing happened before where a scanlation team was forced to take down their discord and scanlation because an instagram account tagged the manga author and the scanlation team was hit with a cease and desist. Obviously, no one wants that to happen so they're taking precautions by telling the insta accounts. And when they ignore them, duh, they're gonna want to tell their discord about what's going on because it affects them too if the scanlations are being shared. Also, they could just not use the translated versions and use the raws instead and everyone could be happy. If the scanlations get caught by the author, then neither the scanlation team, the readers, or the instagram accounts will be able to have the scanlations anymore.

I don't approve of the ship between that douchebag and a precious little child like Chloe

Double-page supporter
Honestly these Instagram accounts just don’t care and won’t stop lol. If the author bans your work then the Instagram accts will stop because of something along the lines of “the author was not happy so we’ve stopped posting”.

If it bothers you report them. If you don’t want to be caught, take your popular series off mangadex. I mean, it super sucks, and the Instagram accts are douches, but it’s precisely so that we have no choice but to stop posting it...unless you just want to wait for the author to find you...

Again I’ll be super sad if you guys have to stop translating your stuff (cuz I love the series you guys do 😭) But ya can’t force people to do what they don’t wanna do. Obviously the instagram accts aren’t fans of the scanlators and dont care who does the work...

But if u guys do discord releases or something please let your fans know /o/

P.S.
Also super thanks for the updates /o/

Even if you guys just decide to stop translating cold turkey from here on out, just know that I’ve super enjoyed what youve released so far! A huge fan!

@RunyStarr You may not be aware of this, but two month ago, the group secret land castle had to close down their website and stop scanlating the series chitra, because the autor noticed his series was scanlated, was furious and tried to sue them.
Guess how he got wind of this ? That's right, by the dumbasses that repost that shit and tag the autor on instagram.
You may understand the scanlators don't want to get in legal shenanigans more than necessary due to some attention seeking manchilds.

Users who are viewing this thread