Beatrice - Vol. 2 Ch. 54

@Ripleyfan so what could still get something less ugly. she did get those cute boy clothes before. it isnt real and nothing about her situation is realistic idgaf its ugly

Wow thank you Immortal Updates Scan! Also thank you to ‘ I MTL FOR MY SISTER’ for your work thus far :)

Tbh I’m still a little confused on the plot of Beatrice as well.

Summarising the story so far as best as I can for the awesome group picking this up 😍

--

THE PLOT SO FAR:

Beatrice was an unwanted princess that was sold in marriage to a family who then were punished by the duke due to betrayal.

Instead of killing her, she then becomes a slave, which actually makes her happy since she was the daughter of a king and a slave and her happiest memories were with her mum living a very humble life (Chloe is the name his mum gave her, which she takes back when she becomes a slave).

Because of her personality and her knowledge of medicinal herbs, she becomes precious to a professor and other people near the duke, which is how slowly the duke and her get in contact again.

The duke's precious horse eats poisonous herbs and Chloe saves him (this is when he locks her in the stables until his horse recovers under the threat of killing her if she fails).

From then on she is told to join this party and becomes his personal slave. Slowly, he starts liking her and treating her better, which makes her also stop fearing him (he did a good bloodshed and could've killed her back when she was a princess).

He already knows Chloe is the princess Beatrice (and as you can see in this chapter, wants her to tell him herself), which amazes him - - He can't believe she manages to be this bubbly happy girl when she's lost so much, specially since he has everything and is anything but happy.

Also, note that him liking men is a misunderstanding that he doesn't want to clarify (although he doesn't think she's fallen for it too!), as it saves him from being harassed by greedy women (and his dad wanting him to marry). Chloe also has a male uniform and is constantly by his side, so this feeds the rumours for third parties!

--

Well this is as well as I can summarise it! I'm soooo happy you're picking this up 😍 this manga has not only amazing art but a very consistent story with awesome character development! I hope you enjoy translating this as much as we all enjoy reading it ❤️

Many thanks!

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for picking up.

Also... yeah, what is the plot? I feel like we're just following a fluff piece about Archduke and Chloe falling in love.
The summary below is really "the story so far" rather than plot.

@roxanneayy yeah, the plot so far as Idk whats going to come next 😂 I think the general plot (this what you meant?) is them coming together through adversity, which is not easy.
They were political enemies, now have very different statuses and to top it off a new betrayal is coming their way (we can see how an enemy is building an army to go against the archduke in a previous chapter).
It is just VERY slow, which I personally don't like normally but I don't mind here since it's allowing brilliant character developments ❤️

Her hair still hasn’t grown and how the heck they carry all his stuff while traveling lol

Dex-chan lover
@soniafr95 one thing you didn't mention in this story, (but pretty sure the author forgot) that Beatrice is a reincarnated over 30 year old korean woman who had failed civil service but became a veterinarian (chapter 4)

Users who are viewing this thread