Behold the True Villainess - Ch. 4

There's a grammar issue on page 4 on this chapter. It said "why don't you guy them food". Regardless, thanks for the chapter!

Like previous comment mentioned, a bit of typo (?) there. Anyway, thank you for the update! I’d just finished reading the raw minutes ago 🤣🤣🤣 the guy is good looking

Thank god, first time in a manwha/manga/etc that I finally see someone shoot down that idiotic reasoning as to why you should never give a beggar money. I’ve seen this exact reasoning so f***ing often.

Dex-chan lover
as much as it's her rights to help them, her way isnt exactly right..
1 u can't give solid food to starving people, it gonna choke them then later givem them indigestion
2 u can't just give 3 lil kids shit tons of foods or money openly like dat, there r also ossan beggars that gonna fight for food/money

she's lucky cuz the knight is there and, also, his argument wasn't wrong.. but he also only see one way to help them and blinded to other options

so how to help these kind of beggars? (it applies to our world beggars as well)
1 be in a position where u hv some spare for other people, if u don't and u still want to help, u do u
2 try giving help in what they r currently ask for only, they want spare change, give them that, if it's kids, do like mc and go buy them food (again, nothing solid)
3 if u wanna give something for them to take home to, make sure that u r not being watched, least they got robbed otw home
4 if u wealthy, hv them do errands then pay them.. teaching them how to fish is better than to give them the fish.. kids r also applied to this.. don't bring up child labor, it's their life, they r the breadwinner of their own family.. so it can't be help if they hv to work.. more like it's better for them to gain experience early
5 if u super wealthy, managed your community well so that the poor can hv their own opportunity to make living

in short, both of them aren't wrong, but one didn't provide better options, and one didn't see beyond the current moment

Dex-chan lover
Someone shoots down that dumbass bullshit~

If you want to help someone help them

Well this kind of situation is always happen wherever. I just remmebr a line from another manhwa (not a sidekick somthing) when the supposed MC from a novel gave gold coin to a beggar. And the wizard who saw it think: what a stupid action. If she gave gold coin, it will just endanger the beggar's situation. She could have just buy them food instead of gold coin.
And in this chapter, it shows like that

One thing I was taught from a young age is that, if you truly want to help the beggars in the streets, offer them food and not money. Not to say that all beggars will abuse substances, but giving money is a blank check to do whatever they want with it, and addiction to substances is something you don't even want to potentially fuel.
I also purposefully never carry around cash so that I can use that as an excuse if need be.

Dex-chan lover
The knight is right.
There is a reason "you are responsible for the live you save" is a saying.

she should have opened an account at the restaurant for the children, so they would eat fresh food every day

oh my, a manipulative ex-fiancee on the one hand and an ass-wipe who advocates for letting orphaned kid beggars starve to death on the other? How will she ever choose between the two!

for real though what a dumb non-argument to stage just to make the MC look good

She's right. Its the cold, callous people like that every day that makes it harder for people in need. A little compassion can change someones life even if it is a one time event.

Users who are viewing this thread