Being a Maid Is Better Than Being a Princess - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
I really don't like that dress. The bright colors really clash with her red hair.

Fed-Kun's army
I really don't like that dress. The bright colors really clash with her red hair.
I know right? I think it would've fit nicer with some blue shadow/shading, so the colors contrast a bit less. Maybe her hair could've been a nice thick braid or her collar a bit taller like a turtle neck.

Dex-chan lover
For me the dress is alright. They wanted to show the dress, while also showing how "cleaned up" the princess has become. The contrast with her previous beggar look is astounding. Also, the maid made that with limited materials and as cheap as possible (which mean no extra dye because dye is expensive).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I know right? I think it would've fit nicer with some blue shadow/shading, so the colors contrast a bit less. Maybe her hair could've been a nice thick braid or her collar a bit taller like a turtle neck.
The dress already has blue shading though? And the princess is still very young (maybe 10 years old or younger?), so thick braid or high collared dress would be too mature for her.

Dex-chan lover
Our girl’s weapons are ready to be deployed.
hopefully the initial vanguard, followed by a porlonged siege and finally broken by a Revolutionary Sterngard as Ex-Princesses Alice and Ciana run away to lay waste to another country.

Dex-chan lover
Why do I have a hunch our prince is on standby to wreck this branch of the royal family up?

Fed-Kun's army
For me the dress is alright. They wanted to show the dress, while also showing how "cleaned up" the princess has become. The contrast with her previous beggar look is astounding. Also, the maid made that with limited materials and as cheap as possible (which mean no extra dye because dye is expensive).
I mean, she got the Princes support now. And white cloth like that is more expensive and harder to maintain- if we're talking about realism here.
Although, I do understand the usage of white for a contract between her former and tidied self. I just think it should had more of a blue tint than what we got. Or at least a secondary color to help tone down the bright red and white. Like a pale pink!

Fed-Kun's army
The dress already has blue shading though? And the princess is still very young (maybe 10 years old or younger?), so thick braid or high collared dress would be too mature for her.
Also, braids are the definition of youthfulness! Fancy braids are more mature, but imagine a loose think braid with cute flowers. Doesn't that seem more child-like AND fancy?
As for her collar; sure, high collars seem mature, but so do semi-off shoulder tops/dresses. What matters are the accessories and how it's presented! A high-collar and a bow would look so cute!

Dex-chan lover
I mean, she got the Princes support now. And white cloth like that is more expensive and harder to maintain- if we're talking about realism here.
Although, I do understand the usage of white for a contract between her former and tidied self. I just think it should had more of a blue tint than what we got. Or at least a secondary color to help tone down the bright red and white. Like a pale pink!
They can't depend on Prince's support. Not only he had abandoned the princess for years until she became like a beggar living in a dump, all those supports were actually not given because he wanted to help the princess. The prince did all that just to be able to be there, to flirt with MC. Also, the amount was definitely not much considering that MC still had to make the dress herself. But I agree that bolder secondary color would be nice. That light blue secondary color was almost invisible under the sunlight. :(

Also, braids are the definition of youthfulness! Fancy braids are more mature, but imagine a loose think braid with cute flowers. Doesn't that seem more child-like AND fancy?
As for her collar; sure, high collars seem mature, but so do semi-off shoulder tops/dresses. What matters are the accessories and how it's presented! A high-collar and a bow would look so cute!
Despite her recent etiquette lessons, the princess is still childish and a tomboy at heart which will surely show up, so I feel that the "childish and energetic" vibe that they chose is more suitable than the "pure and soft" vibe that a loose braid with cute flowers would give. At least, that's my opinion. Though I agree that a high-collar and a bow can indeed look cute on the princess.

Dex-chan lover
Wait... Is this supposed to be like that? Isn't it "Smug"? Hmm...

Screenshot-114.png

Users who are viewing this thread