Being a Maid Is Better Than Being a Princess - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
CIANNA NOOOO.... You can't go playing around with her pain like that...

BUT ALSO, THE COLD INSTANT RIP.... How are these two gonna genuinely win her over...........

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that MC was in such a poor position in her own household, but clearly knows how to be manipulative and gain power - I wonder why she didn't seem to take any action for herself at home then? Perhaps she didn't care much for acting in her own best interest, but is willing to do so for the princess she serves?
Or maybe her family really cut off every avenue of gathering power that she had?

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that MC was in such a poor position in her own household, but clearly knows how to be manipulative and gain power - I wonder why she didn't seem to take any action for herself at home then? Perhaps she didn't care much for acting in her own best interest, but is willing to do so for the princess she serves?
Or maybe her family really cut off every avenue of gathering power that she had?
Isolation was probably a major factor, but I think she just didn't care about position and royalty during her youth. Considering she was all "soon I am 18 and then it is over" thoughts before prince-ex-machina wiped the board clean, it is quite likely she just wanted to escape her family. Maybe she already had a plan to get married off, but disappear mid journey or something. Her willingness to become a maid at the start kind of reflects she had no intention to stay an aristocrat and had planned for something similar.
Hard to say and guess unless the author decides to revisit those times. Biggest factor though is, that this time she isn't doing it for herself.

Will be interesting to see how all this plays out, my bet is that she had the first letter written so that it would get ripped/enrage the dowager. Most likely, the old queen will soon pay the estate a visit/summon them for a lesson/chastising or something only then to be converted. Mayhap even have the dowager view the MC in a bad light and think of her as a manipulator and thus save the princess from her clutches or something.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Cianna might be the real villainess here all along.
well, burning down the enemy nation that conquered and enslaved you in a reign of terror revolution probably makes you a very good villainess.

let us see if Alice keeps Cianna on the supervillain plot.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not too fond of this turn of events. How does she even know all that about the old Empress anyway? It makes no sense at all :unsure:

Dex-chan lover
t
well, burning down the enemy nation that conquered and enslaved you in a reign of terror revolution probably makes you a very good villainess.

let us see if Alice keeps Cianna on the supervillain plot.
technically she has no love for her nation and if anything it being conquered was a good thing for her

Dex-chan lover
technically she has no love for her nation and if anything it being conquered was a good thing for her
the Castle changed, the Overseers changed, but Ciana is still a prisoner. the only differences being that she asked for it, and now the whip calls her slave instead of princess.

she can reject her homeland and still hate the empire.

Users who are viewing this thread