Being a Maid Is Better Than Being a Princess - Vol. 1 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
:angery:yeah... the princess doesn't do all this out of love for her son
but to get the approval of her father...
Not really? She specifically told Cianna a chapter or two ago that she saw the borderline torture her father had put the prince through, and she smuggled him out of there, so she could try and improve his condition herself.
I think what the "this is as far as it goes" refers to is the fact that this is the best they can do. He's not diseased, so there is no full cure for him. They got him to function better within their given environment, but he will never be crown prince material, or anything like that.

Dex-chan lover
Not really? She specifically told Cianna a chapter or two ago that she saw the borderline torture her father had put the prince through, and she smuggled him out of there, so she could try and improve his condition herself.
I think what the "this is as far as it goes" refers to is the fact that this is the best they can do. He's not diseased, so there is no full cure for him. They got him to function better within their given environment, but he will never be crown prince material, or anything like that.
I think so too. Cianna just reminded the princess that the core problem is still there: the father with the ambition to make the kid the emperor. After the birthday banquet, the father will most likely take the kid back to continue with his "training" and "education."
:nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Oh is she trying to tell the Queen that acting for the ball for the 4th Prince's birthday isn't going to fundamentally mean he can keep masking for every event and live up to the expectations of her family?

That's a nice message to have honestly, he needs to live in a way that's comfortable for him and the supportive family he has needs to accept both his talents, charm, faults and his limitations.

His fundamental nature although it can improve with great support and kind productive teaching will after all not "fix" him.

As a asd person, BC I am seeing some hints of this in this storyline though the author probably wisely is trying to avoid spelling it out, I'm hoping it goes in that direction. 🙏

Thanks for the tl!

Dex-chan lover
I assumed the "this is as far as it goes" is moreso her distancing herself from the Queen and politely telling her to not get comfortable with their arrangement. Cianna is only doing this to recieve a recommendation as a professional maid and strengthen her standing and position within the palace.

While there may be some feelings of empathy and pity towards the 4th Prince since he's just a child, there are still technically political enemies within the palace. This also serves as a reminder for the Princess that Cianna will leave and she will need to be able care for her son going forward without her help any longer. In a state where his condition could possible deteriorate for the worst if handled improperly.

Users who are viewing this thread