Beneath the Surviving Princess' Joyful Façade - Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
I think people calling Eric family as Duke just because it's cool.

Also, is there such thing as Archduke? I've seen that tilte appear quite a bit but can never seem to figure out where its place is.

Group Leader
I think people calling Eric family as Duke just because it's cool.

Also, is there such thing as Archduke? I've seen that tilte appear quite a bit but can never seem to figure out where its place is.
Yes, Archduke does exist. Also I feel Margrave is cooler than the "you can find everywhere duke" title lol xD

Thankfully our FL found Eric, I can’t see many MLs having his patience and soft nature.

Dex-chan lover
So there's actually quite a lot of different titles of nobility (here's a wikipedia article with a list on the right), Archduke was a title used used by the von habsburgs of austria to diferentiate them from other dukes, the word appears once before because there was a guy who was both a duke and an archbishop, but the title as we understand it now was just the austrians bullshitting their way into saying they were more special than a regular duke with a forged document.

It's important to understand that these titles don't necessarily have a rigid definition and their meaning can change depending on time and place

For example, in the roman republic princeps was originally the leader of the senate and was not a hereditary/monarchical title, this was the title used by Augustus (the first emperor) after becomeing de facto monarch, as the romans despised the idea of kings.

Everyone's talking about titles but I'm the only one here thinking holy shit the doc's sister was old yeller'd.... I hope she was just put in a convent or smth but damn that's cold as ice...

Users who are viewing this thread