Berserk of Gluttony - Vol. 10 Ch. 52 - Farewell to Aaron

Group Leader
Finally a good translation. Two small errors though:
Page 4: Aaron's speech bubble should read "Queen", not "King"
Page 20: "Birth father" is a really weird wording and usually "biological father" is used.
If im not wrong, most ppl dont know who the ruler of the kingdom is. So ppl call her king

Dex-chan lover
Finally a good translation. Two small errors though:
Page 4: Aaron's speech bubble should read "Queen", not "King"
Page 20: "Birth father" is a really weird wording and usually "biological father" is used.
King is perfectly correct for even female rulers. There have been more than a handful of female kings in our own world history, the most famous one being over in Poland. Additionally, "Birth father" is not weird wording, just older-fashioned, before more scientific wording became commonplace in society (but still is not obsolete or depreciated, either); furthermore, when speaking from the position of adoptive father, it is even more accurate to use.

@_arxen_ thank you for the much better translation! There are two actual errors I noticed, though; the missing "be" in "I'll cheering you on from the stands" on page 9; should be, "I'll be cheering you on from the stands". The other is a formatting error; Page 14, "accumulating" is broken mid-syllable. When hyphenating words to move them down in a line break, you break them at a syllable, which here are as follows: ac-cu-mu-lat-ing. So, it should be written as:

accumulat-
ing

or

accumu-
lating

or any of the other syllabic breaks.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, I didn't expect there was some story. Now I can understand why they were fighting.

King is perfectly correct for even female rulers. There have been more than a handful of female kings in our own world history, the most famous one being over in Poland. Additionally, "Birth father" is not weird wording, just older-fashioned, before more scientific wording became commonplace in society (but still is not obsolete or depreciated, either); furthermore, when speaking from the position of adoptive father, it is even more accurate to use.

@_arxen_ thank you for the much better translation! There are two actual errors I noticed, though; the missing "be" in "I'll cheering you on from the stands" on page 9; should be, "I'll be cheering you on from the stands". The other is a formatting error; Page 14, "accumulating" is broken mid-syllable. When hyphenating words to move them down in a line break, you break them at a syllable, which here are as follows: ac-cu-mu-lat-ing. So, it should be written as:

accumulat-
ing

or

accumu-
lating

Thanks for the explanation, I was PR on this and I wasn't sure how to explain myself. As for the issue on page 9, that's actually my bad, I forgot to type a "be" in my PR notes when editing the line and the chapter got uploaded before I could catch it! We'll be fixing all these little things ASAP!

Glad you enjoyed the chapter :D

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the translation! i will wait for your version for the next chapters :thumbsup:

Double-page supporter
King is perfectly correct for even female rulers. There have been more than a handful of female kings in our own world history, the most famous one being over in Poland.
That is true, but most people won't know that particular part history that well and in common English "King" refers to a male, while "Queen" refers to a female sovereign. Also:
If im not wrong, most ppl dont know who the ruler of the kingdom is. So ppl call her king
I always was of the impression that Aaron knows who Eris really is, especially given and given that it's a private conversation and she's addressing him directly just a few seconds before with "I want you to stay in my place [...]" Meaning this is not about the common masses.

Additionally, "Birth father" is not weird wording, just older-fashioned, before more scientific wording became commonplace in society
According to the Oxford English dictionary, the first recorded use of "birth father" was 1977 in the Los Angeles Times[1], while "biological father" was first used in 1925 according to the Collins Dictionary[2]. I assume, before that it was just "father" and "stepfather"; that would fit with German (and iirc French) usage .

[1]: https://www.oed.com/dictionary/birth-father_n?tl=true
[2]: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/biological-father

Dex-chan lover
That is true, but most people won't know that particular part history that well and in common English "King" refers to a male, while "Queen" refers to a female sovereign.
"Queen" refers to the wife of a king, quite literally. What you are referring to is the title known as Queen Regnant, where "regnant" is the indicative of a queen ruling in place of a king, aka ruling in regency. This was often done where there was no male heir, or a male heir was too young to rule, all because it followed until very recently the rule of male-preference cognatic primogeniture. This is also why queens are always women and kings are not always men, because kingship is determined as being the ultimate ruler of the land. This is also why there is the distinction between a Queen and a Queen Regnant. It is only because of Elizabeth II, ruling for so long from 19261952 through to 2022, that the concept of "Queen Regnant" was simplified to just being "Queen" in common parlance.

Just because people are ignorant of something does not excuse false claims.

According to the Oxford English dictionary, the first recorded use of "birth father" was 1977 in the Los Angeles Times[1], while "biological father" was first used in 1925 according to the Collins Dictionary[2]. I assume, before that it was just "father" and "stepfather"; that would fit with German (and iirc French) usage .

[1]: https://www.oed.com/dictionary/birth-father_n?tl=true
[2]: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/biological-father
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/birth-father
Collins shows a recorded log of "Birth Father" from 1859.

EDIT: Fixed the start date of Elizabeth's rule. I rewrote that part but forgot to change the date. Thanks @androgynous for pointing it out!

Last edited:
Group Leader
they'll be fixed real soon

accumulat-
ing

or

accumu-
lating

Dex-chan lover
Waiting a minute? Wasn't there a Rich Lord? A billionaire type of monster?! Who's power is destabilising the country with corrupted money! :meguupog:
Jokes aside thanks for the English translation :thumbsup:
Of course it was a Rich Lord. Ls don't exist in Japanese so stop commenting when you lack this basic knowledge and go ask a Japanese person about it to educate yourself. :kek:

Still waiting for that guy to explain how he got Lord right since L doesn't exist.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm...something tells me you got the first year wrong :meguupog:
Lol yup that's her birthdate, not the date she took up the mantle of ruler; I rewrote that bit but forgot to edit the date! Still, it was when she was fairly young, in 1952. Thanks for pointing that out!

Users who are viewing this thread