Berserk of Gluttony - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - The Unleashed Power

Fed-Kun's army
Being part of a scanlation group sounds like a lot of fun there's always something to fight about

I honestly don't care about the snipe if its caught up then its uncalled for but if its behind let them do it then take it back

Dex-chan lover
Don't even start with this snipe bullshit. Whimsubs were doing it as a monthly and were behind by at least three chapters apparently, and now that someone else decides to be more productive, they suddenly release two chapters and people want snipe war? Meh.

Dex-chan lover
There's no war, there's no fight, Whimsubs just said they don't care and they'll continue

Dex-chan lover
The deer guys were just doing it because there was all this time the series was going without translation and they wanted to see the series moving again.

These Whim guys, if they could respond this quickly to someone else doing what they weren't doing, sounds like they had all this shit done this whole time and instead just sat on it for months for no reason.

@Kayriel
No whims last update on this was a week in a half ago. It just wasn't uploaded to mangadex yet. 20 was uploaded today. Whims don't care about the sniping since, in the end, they'll be releasing quality translations.

what a coincidence this gets released as soon as some other group starts to release chapters for it

gotta stay relevant i guess

@Jideiki Og group that uploads this is calling Deer a snipe and shit when they've been sitting with chapter 19 on their site for over a week now lol. Uploaded both when they saw deer upload

Dex-chan lover
@Jideiki lol, Ive followed whimsubs main site for a while, and they upload this consistently enough. Mob of Deer idk.. Wasted effort by them

Honestly im ready for this series to have an anime, it's too cool not to have one lol. Plus since this is based on the light novel, there is a lot more source material for this besides the 20 manga chapters.

Dex-chan lover
not this shit again, please
I'm tired of petty 'group wars' over 'snipes' ffs

What I don't understand is this - these guys of "mob deer" had a possibility to contact Whimsubs to say to them this: "Hey, guys, we are interested in BoG, and we want this series to be caugth up with raw chapters, so can we help?" or "We want to work on this series, so we want to co-operate" etc... Instead they went on their own (and hostile towards of Whimsubs' asking why snipe and not contact with them), and in addition thinking that MangaDex is the only place to be uploaded. Every scan group have a choice to make own site for their series or to use MD. I don't have problem with these groups to upload only on their own sites, even with Fallen Angels and Jaimini thought I dislike them for various reasons ( I click on their sites via Follows - Group follow, it is for 10-20 seconds; it is funny how most people here click immediately on last chapter update, instead on the manga's name or follows in case of mass release).. I never will understand the doing of these scan groups like "Mob Deer", even the point of Solo Leveling Scans' doing of that shitty manhwa, when there is a group doing this already and there are other unpicked manhwas or mangas.

Is Deer wrong for not taking the time to contact Whim? Yeah, but at the same time Whim was many chapters behind on Dex, so Deer stepped up.
Neither are completely blameless for this outcome, but it sucks nonetheless for readers.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@kilisloe I'm actually glad Deer did this. Personally, I think their translations are superior. At least they're easier to understand and I don't have to re-read sentences to guess what was meant by certain statements. If another translator decides to pick up where a previous one left off, that's fine. Just like when another group started translating A Harem in the Fantasy World Dungeon. None of this is legal anyway. LOL

I really don't understand why people have a problem with "sniping." If the new group's translation is superior or much earlier, it's a win for the readers and the old group has the choice of continuing at their own pace or picking up another series. If the new group's translation sucks ass, the old group looks better as a result, and the readers will be happy when the old group releases. If it's a hobby, why should the former scenario be an issue at all? If the old group is expecting some sort of financial gain, then they should be competing for said gain.

Someone in this thread said that Whimsubs doesn't care about the sniping; good on them. I like both Whim and Mob. I'm hoping Whim's failure to upload these two chapters was just an "oops, we forgot." If it was some weird attempt to drive traffic to their site, they should use the timed release function. I check LH and sushi's pages for upcoming releases whenever I have time to read more. I would gladly bookmark Whimsubs as well to add to the list of groups to check if they do that... I won't be going to their site just to see if they've been cooking a chapter on their site before posting it here, though...

The release note on their Discord literally says:
Higher87- "we are well aware of a group sniping berserk on mangadex, an they have targeted our series before without asking us and were hostile when we asked for the reason, but either way we will continue to work on this series and hopefully catch up soon, thanks to everyone who supports us."

Its not even sniping if you forget to post the chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread