Berserk - Vol. 2 Ch. 0.05 - The Guardians of Desire (3) (LQ)

Dex-chan lover
This is not some heroic tale where the hero never loses his grip on the sword, this is reality, you lose consciousness, you puke and you die here. That girl in need of freedom just activated a death flag.

This is some of the worst translators ived seen possibly up there with duwang...altho without the comedic effect and is just sad....i hope someone comes and fixes the mess theyved made

Quite possibly the worst translation I've ever seen... I've been able to stomach the little hiccups here and there but this chapter specifically is absolutely awful, one of the pages isn't even translated IT'S STILL KANJI i actually don't understand how this could happen.
I know this phrase is overused BUT THEY HAD LITERALLY ONE JOB!

For people complaining about the scanlation something to understand is that this is probably very old, like early 2000s old. There was no precedent for how to scanlate and also there wasn’t a huge market for scanlations in the west. I can almost promise you that the way this scanlation was done is by the scanlator having the original manga, using a copier to copy the image, and digitally altering it on a computer. It was also probably done by like one dude on a Sunday afternoon. So yeah it’s bad, but it’s also a price of history, and honestly really shows just how far the medium has come. Think like old fan dubs of anime on Facebook or spliced into parts on YouTube. It’s bad sure, but it has a reason and is honestly kinda nostalgic.

Aggregator gang
wither it's old or new, they did it for us with nothing in return!!

they took some of their time and effort and shared it with us

so whining about how bad it is and how they caused you whatever, there's always the option where you can go and buy the good quality version

I’m assuming that the translations will eventually get better? I don’t mind this until then though if it does :^)

i dont even care about the scan quality and comic sans.. but jeez the translation. this is up there with those shitty manhua youtube translations, terrible

Holy fucking shit, the shitty translation just made this chapter unreadable. There were times where my brain legit melted like dogshit on a sidewalk.

I have this volume IRL (official spanish translation) and I have to say reading this scanlation is hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread