Berserk - Vol. 41 Ch. 359 - A Wall

Dex-chan lover
Oh.....

So Caska didn't just creep away from Guts because he was mistreating her ( I mean, we all know he was trying his best, the eclipse took it's toll on both of them).

No, she kept away from him because her whole memory of the eclipse is imprinted on HIM.

FUUUUUUUUUCK

I mean, I know this is nothing new, but Guts just can't catch a SINGLE FUCKING BREAK, can he?

At least she's a functioning human being now, which itself means that she can eventually overcome it. And on top of that, she's still a great fighter AND gets along great with the group. AND, traumatic imprint aside, she still seems to CARE for Guts, and longingly talked about him and their past. Where there's a will, there's a way guys, so here's hoping she can overcome that too.

God, Guts deserves his vengeance, but Caska does too. Seeing her get a stab at Griffith would be cathartic as all fuck.

Dex-chan lover
havent looked at this series is a loooong time but she's finally herself? but traumatized and cant even look and guts now?

holy shit its been a long time with all the hiatuses but ti see a new chapter and see this im just kinda happy to she her as herself almost... but now to wonder how long she will be traumatized for or if she'll ever be able to be with guts anymore

anyway i need to reread this whole thing cause i really forgot where i left off at but seeing this new ch coming out of nowhere was nice to see casca actually acting like herself again

with that said hopefully there will be a good amount of new chapters out by time i get to rereading to this point

I really hope Guts leaves Casca behind with his crew and goes fight Griffith... Been too damn long and i wants the PoS to die already...

Fed-Kun's army
Well, it wasn't Guts who triggered the flashback but of course he interprets it that way.

@Firianath I don't think Griffith is going to be killed stone dead, at least not in a straightforward way, given how Guts and Casca's son is bound into him etc. It's a right fine psychological and metaphysical mess.

Contributor
14 years but finally Casca again T_T, well my friends see ya in year 3000.

tenor.gif

RIP Judeau and the OG Band of the Hawk. welcome back Berserk, especially Casca, and Skull knight but damn the pain and psychic trauma go so deep

F*CK YEAH THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO SEE WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING,when Casca saw Guts did she become afraid of him or the demons behind him? Feels like he was apart of them, but at the same time i kinda feel like he was standing in their way, thou with panels after that i guess it confirms she was afraid of both? And i'm just calling it now, skull knight will come and tell Guts about something that has happened and maybe give him a lift since he can't really travel with Casca like this and i don't think most of the crew would leave her behind would they so fairly likely he'll leave on his own, even for just a time.

Dex-chan lover
Is that actually a memory of the Eclipse or the remnants of all the fallen Apostles and monsters imprinted on Guts? After all, the sword can now cut interdimensional beings after being imbued by the bloods of monsters. If it's a memory, there's some healing to be done. If this is really how Guts looks to those imbued with the vision of the other worlds, then their relationship is effectively over.

Double-page supporter
I mean her having troubles looking at him is not really surprising or shocking. It was not his fault, but he is connected to what happened to her, a constant reminder. Especially considering how he changed, remember it's not that long ago that he had basically turned into a Monster himself on his road to revenge.

To take a real world thing: Like couples sometimes split up after their child dies. None of them is at fault (most of the time), but they just can't bear the constant reminder of what happened.

Aggregator gang
@Acolytus

"Guts is walkig away from her because SEEING HIM TRIGGERS HER TRAUMA"

Alright, so she must not see him ever again from now on? That is just soo stupid.

One thing i happen to know about traumas: the sooner you face them (within a reasonable timeframe), the better. Three years spent in insanity should have put enough distance between her and the rape anyways.

Of course, we can always be unique fragile little snowflakes. Especially in the world of Bersek 🙂.

Imagine, I read the chapter. I also read the first page in which Miura announces his new project LOL. This means that he is BORED OUT OF HIS MIND, and WANTS A NEW STORY, becuse HE IS STUCK WITH THIS ONE. 😉

Dex-chan lover
@Reichenberg We don't know if she can't see him again or how her trauma works. With that said, it does seem to not be regular PTSD or a similar problem but rather something that involves magic or demonic corruption which makes it even less clear how it works and how it can be healed.

And no, three years are nowhere enough to overcome getting raped by the man you trusted and idolized while nearly every friend you had got slaughtered, tortured, eaten and murdered by demons. Guts is way tougher than Casca and he only got to get better due to his goal to cure her insanity, his desire to protect her and the company of his party members. Meanwhile, Casca couldn't do that because she wasn't even herself during those three years, she outright said that it felt like a dream. She didn't have the chance to think about what happened and react in any way that could lead to her getting better, unlike Guts who spent an entire year in edgelord mode venting his anger at the apostles. Expecting her to have gotten better while insane or to get better when it hasn't even been a day since she came back makes no fucking sense.

I don't even know what you mean by "be unique fragile little snowflakes" but if you are using that to describe someone who went through the things Casca went through then you have some serious issues, pal.

Dex-chan lover
Berserk still ongoing and starts making new manga... I don't know what to say but only hope Muira live long enough to finish Berserk.

Users who are viewing this thread