Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

Sigh.....im gonna say it one more time....
Her loneliness and her 27-year trauma of being abandoned and treated like an outsider and like trash hasn't left. 27 years of experience doesn't make you OP. Like a video game, she's gotten another chance, but she has to re-play all the way from the beginning. It's a very difficult game, and she barely made it as far as she did the first time she played. She was about to win(marry outside the family), but then something glitched and now she's back at the start. She barely has a team to back her up. She doesn't trust her brothers fully yet and neither do they trust her.(cuz, ya know, they bullied her for 27 years, and they still treat her kinda coldly as of now despite all of her efforts). She isn't confident that they would help her, even if she did tell them. She also knows that they are also going through their own problems/emotions, which could prevent them from even being able to. She can't read minds or emotions, she doesn't have a special cheat like other reincarnation characters, she doesn't have superhuman memory. She has no idea if whatever she does differently will change things for better or for worse. She has little to no authority, strength, or power as a small, scrawny child.
If you want some kinda MarySue character that is perfect in every way, somehow recalls everything she needs to help her, and her only weakness is her overflowing kindness, then LEAVE. If you're someone efficient, super intelligent, with perfect memory, no feelings and no issues like fears or insecurities, and u don't understand her then WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE. this is an angsty struggle of siblings growing and trying to understand each other and work together protect their family.

just to add to the incredibles arguments before, that in the novel it is even mentioned that when she thinks about all the things that happened (her traumas) in that house she has panic attacks, as if she wanted to vomit and tremors in her body and it's been 27 years of abuse because even when they got older the brothers were still abusing her , especially Erich.

If it was enough to become adults to solve all our problems, it would be a beautiful world!

. . . and instead think about it. The world sucks even as adults. And a lot of things not only don't solve them, they get worse, because scars - especially psychological scars - don't heal, they accumulate.
You can be 20, 30 or even 50 years old and have the experience of countless past lives, but this if you have suffered from childhood trauma and are fragile to these things, it doesn't help you at all.

I've been seeing some comments not liking how Hari acts. The thing is she was abandoned for 27 years of her life. It wiuld leave a scar on her no matter how much time has passed. It's not like she's not making an effort, since the very beginning she was determined to change the future but of course there are some things that she wouldn't be able to handle all by herself. Especially now that she's a child, she's still powerless. She's not dumb, she's just confused because no one is there to support her. I know her brothers must have actually treasured her but she can't read minds. She doesn't dare to tell them about her feelings because she's afraid they would shun her especially with all the problems they still have to deal with as of now. She's not being annoying, she's just being a realistic character. Someone people can relate to, someone that have insecurities, fear and far from perfect. None of her brothers express their care for her blatantly so i can understand her fear.

Anyway i just can't wait for that aunt to be utterly crushed. I just want them all to grow up so they are finally able to protect themselves and stand against horrible people like the aunt

Fed-Kun's army
This has gotten .. depressing... I really do hope it gets better soon.. thank you for this update!

ugh, i love this. but knowing who the ml is really dampens the whole family dynamic.

Meanwhile the other manhwa with the stepmom duchess slaps the bad aunt and kicks em out of the house

I hope they become a family and she becomes their real sister T.T pls don't let one of the brothers be the ML T.T

@Byonbyon, well Shulli's different--she's older and plus she's got a position of power to take advantage of....SHE'S "HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD". And no one can argue with that. She as mom and head of the house is responsible for taking care of her kids..its weird if she didn't.
In doing that she got respect from the older noblewomen.
Meanwhile, Hari is "baby of the household" or "streetrat replacement for the original" to the adults against her....she's also physically inhibited by her smol child body...so she's no match for her aunt, who has size and age and authority to her advantage.
yea, side note tho, i actually don't really want any of the brothers to become male leads either...it'd be more meaningful if the plot focuses on a family repairing itself and then the romance is just a nice "fluff side dish"

this was a very good chapter but I can't help but think that we could've reached this point earlier without the waffling in the previous chapters. like yeah great chapter I cried when Hari finally told them how she feels and we'll probably see a huge change in the next chapter

but damn did it take wayyy too long to get here.

thanks for the update!

@iwannachew the setting of "bad aunt" is just so similar :( can't blame them cuz it fits with what they're going through
ML spoiler
the ML is the eldest brother :( just reading the spoilers after the translated novel chapters, he was the poor bro who sacrificed everything including his own happiness for the younger kids, and only FL served as his support... it felt like he started liking her because of his guilt when he abandoned her in the streets... :(( I liked the family setting better...

@Byonbyon Well....it is called "Beware of the Brothers"..ha ha...*sigh* 😑....based on the title I REALLY hope that the brothers won't all fall in love with her cuz that's just too much for me and this series is already chock full of drama and they don't need some ridiculous romantic conflict between all four of them. I was really counting on that other kid(canNOT remember his name, but he had blue-green hair and in her original lifetime she was gonna marry him anyway) to be that "romantic, fluff side-dish" to the plot meal....and she already took a liking to him too...it's whatever man....

Nothing will immediately get better as soon as you are an adult. The aunt is a perfect example still acting childishly but this time with an adult's power which is even more dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread