Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 40

Double-page supporter
Plesse just all be siblings. I do love a good incest/wincest now and then but definitely not this one šŸ˜”

@ShizukaMikki The brothers have already made it clear that they consider Hari to be their sister. The author literally just included a flashback about it in the last chapter. Hari has also made it clear that she considers them to be her family. She felt like an outsider in her first life. Her second life has gone in a different direction. She knows that she is accepted by her brothers.

So it's not like people are making up the sibling relationship. It's already been established.

Dex-chan lover
this stories progression from them acting as siblings to having feelings for each other doesn't even flow right. She cant want to be their sister then want to be with one of them suddenly

Please remove delete or don't think about romance between brothers and sister. That was the least thing that I want to happen, I rather that she look for some love interest than fall in love with her brother.

Why is it incest? Shouldn't they be blood related first before claiming such boisterous accusations? Tsk. You guys sure aren't considering all aspects of their relationship. Did you forget what happened in the first chapters? Where it was clearly stated that they WEREN'T related?
I thought I was on MangaDex, not on WebComics.

RIGHTTT but also they said 'family' and family can still be counted as lovers. UgHHHH i hate this route šŸ™‚šŸ™ƒ

@ShizukaMikki At the beginning they rejected her but they all decided to accept her. They call her their sister and call her an Ernst. To say that any of them never considered her to be a sister is wrong.

Your personal experience with your friends is not the same as what the Ernst family's experience. Hari was adopted into the family at a young age. They all had the same parents and lived in the same house together as one family. They aren't just "like" family figuratively, they actually are family, literally. In every sense of the word.

Eugene and Hari are so precious. šŸ„ŗ Here's hoping they get their chance at love this time around, and Eugene won't make the same mistake of keeping his feelings a secret like he did in the first timeline. Thanks for the update! ā¤ļø

As a side note, I'm surprised people didn't pick up that Eugene/Hari was going to happen till now. Since chapter one, it's been hinted Eugene was in love with Hari in the original timeline. In that chapter alone, he chose the best husband candidate for her, went out of his way to see her fitted in her wedding gown, fled the scene when caught, avoided her thereafter and managed to get Cabel to walk her down the aisle instead of him, becauseā€”it's impliedā€”it wouldā€™ve been too painful for him to do so. In later chapters, it's revealed he didn't force Hari into a marriage she didn't agree toā€”it was all on her to make the final decisionā€”and often gazed at her softly when she reached out to him, looking as though he was "protecting a secret dear to him." This all happens in the first seventeen chapters. We then learn he was cold and on-edge during his own wedding, and 28 when he finally did marry. Hari noted women marrying at 27 was odd, since most women married in their early twentiesā€”yet this can be inferred it was also the case for men, since she later questioned why Johannes hadn't married yet at the age of 29. The fact Eugene waited so long to marry speaks volumes.

Of course a romantic relationship can't be one-sided, and while Hari wasn't necessarily in love with him in the first timeline (RIP Eugene, she misunderstood his affections as them being a lack thereof, because she bore an understandable grudge), she did reveal to have a soft spot for him. They'd often hold hands and she'd "act close to himā€ (her words, not mine). As stated previously, she'd also reach out for him, and the image of him being unhappy on his wedding day stuck out to her even into this new timeline. She also noted she never had lovers or fantasized about marriage, she simply wanted to get out of the house (which, in later chapters, was revealed to be a lie she told herselfā€”she actually wanted to be accepted into the house, and could never really leave it). The biggest standout, though, is that she noted second timeline Eugene was starting to act like first timeline adult Eugene, which was framed as a good thing (and this was where she revealed they'd act close and hold hands). Again, all of this but the bits on his wedding are in the first seventeen chapters.

Speaking of the second timeline, the narrative didn't waste time in establishing the two would be spotlighted in a romantic angle. The classic "they accidentally landed on top of each other"ā€”on a bed, no lessā€”in chapter seven was employed and should've sent out a signal they'd be romantically entangled. The growing consciousness of each other as they reunited; the way he hovered over her as she worried over him during their childhood; the way he was too embarrassed to hold her hand as a kid, or pat her head; the melancholy she felt when writing a letter to himā€”all of it has been built up throughout the story and in the second timeline, complemented by the wistfulness (and tragic misunderstanding) of the first.

I guess this is my long way of saying it should've been obvious Eugene and Hari would go down this route. It's not forced, and not once did the narrative pretend it would go down any other way.

@DramaJustCalled Thanks for this explanation! While I did see that this was coming because of the scene with the bed and the blushing through out, it looks like there were a lot of other signs I missed. Thanks for explaining them - this makes so much more sense!

Double-page supporter
Oho, new target unlocked! Also, I don't know if I feel OK with what they're setting up here. Yes, they haven't seen each other for six years, but... I hope Eugene and her aren't the end game...

Thanks for the upload!

@Miakowo if you donā€™t like it so much then just donā€™t read it...? Not trying to dictate what you do or anything but if I didnā€™t like a manhwa Iā€™d just not read it soćƒ¼itā€™s just that people has brought this up way too many times so like Iā€™m getting sick of having to see the same arguments over and over again in ever single chapter. This is the route the manhwa is going to go down to anyways, so like whatā€™s the point? Why are you still here? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Aggregator gang
Eugene's feelings were foreshadowed for a while, but Hari acting romantically interested kinda came out of nowhere

Users who are viewing this thread