Beware of the Brothers!

This is cute, sad story so far. I saw the incest tag and thought it would be way worse šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø They are so close in age and not actually related, so I donā€™t see a problem

Bruh if yā€™all want Real incest go read Chou No Doku Hana No Kusari at Majimaā€™s route, Now THATS real OTOME incest.
OH MAY GAH
When I found out they were half siblings, a part of me died so I ignored it for the rest of the route lmfao fml

Doesn't matter if it's real incest or not. Still uncomfortable. I'm clinging to the hope that she'll still end up with Johan, but the idea is drifting further and further away :')

I just saw the note, but wanna ask how this is incest, can anyone give more details before I dive into this? Also if itā€™s incest then isnā€™t ā€˜The Viridescent Crownā€™ also incest because they are also step-siblings?

Incest = sexual activity between people with blood relation. It has to be between people related by blood. Google it if you want more explanation.
Incest = related by blood.
Step siblings = siblings not related by blood.
Hari isnt their biological sister, just a step sister. This is not incest at all šŸ˜‘
I also dont like it tbh, since they are still siblings

I mean sure step-siblings but it is lowkey creepy when they are raised as siblings ngl... just my opinion it's fine if you enjoy the story but not my cup of tea. thanks for the fun read tho but I don't think I can go on ^^

I know there's the whole they were raised as siblings thing that makes people uncomfortable but Hari wasn't raised with Eugene, she lived in Johan's house for 6 years and with Eugene for only 3 and that was because his parents decided they wanted to find some way to fill the hole of losing their daughter. Do they don't have a brother-sister relationship

It's fiction. There is nothing wrong with problematic themes in fiction. if you don't like the romantic turn with Eugene, drop it, find one of the other 200 reincarnation/isekai romance webtoons you do want to read, and leave the problematic webtoons to the rest of us who actually can tell fiction from reality.

and if you're really worried a single korean webtoon on a niche site is going to single-handedly turn modern society into incest fanatics, one: please realise that the webtoon has to do a *lot* of heavy lifting against modern societal standards of what's morally wrong, and two: calmly educating people is probably gonna work a hell of a lot better than name-calling and demanding fiction conform to your personal levels of disgust.

Why does everyone keep saying ā€œthey were raised as siblingsā€?????? Living with someone for 3 yrs doesnā€™t make u siblings... he not related to her. And the story gets way Spicier than now so if you canā€™t handle that stop reading the story

When I started I didn't see the incest them. Yes incest means related by blood they are stepsiblings but it's still uncomfortable. Also in this timeline they didn't grow together so maybe Eugene' feelings can be understandable but it's different for Hari. She did remember her life with her brothers. I don't know how the story will proceed..

It may not be direct incest, but Hari's relationship itself with the brothers is incestuous. For starters, I think it is weird that she happens to look exactly like their dead sister. Besides - this story focuses on these 3 brothers accepting Hari as a sister, and then goes off to the brothers starting to like Hari romantically. The oldest bro's own words: "Of course, you're our sister". So it's a sibling bond -> romantic bond. Not to mention, again, Hari looks exactly like their deceased sister. Do they not get reminded of their blood-related sister every time they see a carbon copy of her? Moreover, they actually fall in love with the same girl that looks exactly like their blood-related sister? To me, that feels incestuous on top of the sibling relationship they're trying to build with her.

That aside, I'd like to point out the fact that Hari was emotionally and physically abused in her past life by the brothers. They isolated her, made her feel like shit, and even hit her. Really hard for me to understand how Hari can even confront them in this current life, but I'm not gonna lie this sort of "I love the guy who killed/abused me in my past life" trope is hella common in these types of manhwas, so it doesn't bug me that much

@ShondellSimon these people are stupid; don't even listen to them. They must love and support the manhwa so much that even though they are against the "incest" in this story, they come back every chapter to read it fully knowing eugene will end up with hari.
FAN BEHAVIOR. yall really have nothing to do with your life except to come here and fill the comments with your idiotic opinions no one cares about. I read the novel and the manhwa & i fully support this story. your redundant opinions won't phase me whatsoever lmao you sheep can go pester another fanbase because us who like it won't change šŸ‘ you guys are mentally ill. get some help because if i hated a story so much, i would stop reading it. keep being a secret fan šŸ˜˜šŸ„°

This isn't actually open incest, people could think this as a siscon thingy and still can enjoy the ride.

Well at least until latest chapter.

it took me way too long to find out this is incesty šŸ˜­šŸ˜­, i feel too far in so ill continue to read anyway but it's a bit uncomfortable, especially since she's lived as their sister, and was adopted in the first place because she resembles their sister.

well here we go, let's hope the story doesn't revolve around the romancey part because it makes me quite uncomfy dkjsh

šŸ˜‚ not gonna lie..The queen said it right "fans are people who love you but anti-fans are those who love you even more" (Mr Queen 2021). Idk why you complain it's not like the ending is going to change or anything nor are you forced to read it.

Look, I haven't even read this (aside from the most recent episode), so maybe I don't have any room to talk, but from what I've gathered from the comments here, I can tell the people arguing that it's not actually incest have never had a step sibling. No, they're not related, so it's not incest, but that doesn't make it any less weird. The fact that that sibling mentality exists at all and at any given time should be enough to stop the normal person from developing romantic feelings. And I guess the main character is the exact replica of their deceased sister, which just amplifies the questionability of any sort of relationship beyond that between a brother and sister when it comes to these characters.

@yumegaze I don't know how this page works so I just saw your comment and I like it! I didn't know about the Korean marriage ban between people with the same surname.

Also I totally agree that the best one can do if they don't like the topic is dropping the comic.

After getting a glimpse of the spoilers from novel updates, this is gonna be such a slow burn series šŸ˜“

My take on it is that I don't think Eugene ever accepted her as his sibling. He started feeling something different towards her (whether he realized it or not) soon after he
tried to ditch her during the family outing
. That was like what? 1 year max after getting adopted? That's not enough time to form a sibling bond.

It would've been so great if Johannes was actually given a chance, but he wasn't and seemed like he was only written in when it was convenient.

Honestly, there's a ton of mediocre series out there (weak plot, bad dialogue and pacing, ART). This is one of the better ones.

Users who are viewing this thread