Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
So...did he just claim her, she can never be Nine's now🤔 😆
And why isn't Nine's brother's name Eight if he's older

Dex-chan lover
YONA IS GETTING A DOUBLE WAGE INCREASE

She saved the day twice. That's gotta be worth getting twice the wage.

Imagine Nine and Yuri would be hella pissed at Melissa getting hurt.
Plus getting bit probably backfired since Mel has Yuri's magic inside of her.

Group Leader
TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO READ THIS CHAPTER BUT HASN'T READ IT BUT INSTEAD WENT TO THE COMMENTS SECTION FIRST, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT READ UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER HAS COME OUT THE CLIFFHANGER IS KILLING ME :"

Dex-chan lover
Actually if I remember right, werewolves mana and humans magic react poorly to each other causing a toxic rejection when either species is injected with the opposite. I think she'll fare a lot better than the normal human because she has almost next to no magic left due to having used up her entire life supply of magic to turn Jake into a bunny

So, just defeat him and everything automatic solved? WTF is this logic? Shounen manga? Mehhhhhhhhhhhhh, just kill that guy, if not he will try to kill you and your friends again, dumb Melissa, dumb shounen logic.

Dex-chan lover
Yona is a extra secret route! 😂😂

Well it seems Melissa at least inflicted high damage on the werewolf king before sucumbing to her own injuries.

HOLY

woah

go yona <3

omg i hope everyone is ok

thanks for translating and being so speedyyyy

stay safe

Damn Yona come throughh!😎 and i wanna see Yona, Nine and Yuri get pissed off for Melissa getting injured!!😈

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter and called it Yona would do something to influence the fight. Though that was a good point they got so focused on his high degree of sorcery that they forgot that his physical abilities would at the very least be on par with Jack's. So Yona literally pulled out or had a plot device on her this entire arc? Yeah there's something suspicious about that Yona and Yuri were funny this chapter, though I was kinda expecting Nine to at least do something productive during the second phase of this fight once his brother's sorcery was temporarily nullified especially since it was obvious that Yona, Yuri, and Nine wouldn't abandon her regardless of the situation. Its interesting to see that Melissa's meddling with the plot of the story finally has some negative consequences for her. Migen makes his move earlier before Jack can benefit from his plot induced powerup thus enabling his victory in that from what we've been told in the novel was a fairly glossed over confrontation. So now we have the strongest werewolf of this generation with his novel's counter being rendered useless and likely only still alive do to main character plot armor vs three people who don't have anywhere near the same amount of plot armor as Jack with the exception of Yuri and in a distant second being Melissa who could still be considered part of the main cast to a degree while Nine and Yona do to their "presence" in the novel Yona a rather minor side character and it was revealed recently Nine was originally supposed to have died before the start of the novel would be essentially cannon fodder in that room. Seeing Melissa struggle and even to a significant degree be truly outclassed and in a position where she can't use her meta knowledge of the novel to gain the upper was both cool and a great way to induce tension especially since it took her having to take a rather serious blow from him in order for her to finally be able to hit him back. Since from what has been mentioned so far the original fight with Nine's brother was so abrupt and short the full scope of Migen's abilities were never revealed to the readers and thus Melissa wouldn't fully know what to expect so it was cool to see her going into something fairly blind for once. I know many will likely disagree with me here but I honestly hope he survives and escapes just so we can see how Melissa responds and reacts to an enemy that is also acting outside of the established plot of the book she is so familiar with.

That thing they talked about that idiot awakening his powers to save Yuri... what are the chances of Nine doing the same for Melissa? That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread