Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 54

:O :O :O :O :O
i feel like she is going to tell him not to kill
but i want to see him dead, for once let a shoujo manga kill someone please with out this "killing is always wrong owo bullshit" especial when its with a legit bad person

hmmm...
it wouldn't be funny if melissa died when nine nine talk that long with migen...

😔 bro...i’m never gonna get away from this “ML saves the day” trope in hetromance, am i? 😞 i’m glad the author chose to make Melissa’s last move vital to Migen’s defeat, but... 😩😩😭 the first 50 chapters set my hopes too high re: gender roles in this webtoon.
I’m resigned to the fact Melissa was never meant to stand as Migen’s equal, largely bc a female lead is Too OP/idealistic if she can stand against a Boss Villain (esp if they’re male).
But imagine how meaningful it would have been if it were Yuri striking Migen down.
Like?? If it were the consistently victimized, objectified, unwilling heroine dealing the final blow.... *chef’s kiss*
But nah. We gotta have the ML doing the ML thing. 🥲

Fed-Kun's army
@ohkimch Then again, we have Nine who hasn't really done that much in this entire story, compared to others like Yuri and the maid, finally do something. After all, the boss is HIS brother.

@ohkimch
I don't think it's a matter of gender roles but more human (with no magic) vs the strongest wolf. Melisa has beaten the crap of Jack before so she really isn't weak, it's just that Migen is too OP. He's a prodigy for a reason. Someone have to be strong to fight Migen equally. I think that's the reason the author made Nine awaken since Jack wasn't able to.
I do agree Yuri beating Migen might have been an interesting alternative but Yuri specializes in healing so I don't think she might be able to beat Migen so easily (even if we don't know what she's capable of).

Real question here to those who read novel already.

At what chapter in novel does this epicness happen?

I mean, are we close to the ending or not really?

@JaneLon I've only read some spoilers, not the actual novel.
They have to deal with Peacock a lot from what I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread