Binbou Kizoku Nord no Boukentan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Man, I appreciate that the author has set up some lore to their story, but presenting it in walls of text consecutively ain't the way to do it. My impatient brain will just speedread through those.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Looking forward to reading more.

Dex-chan lover
Not the most eye catching 1st chapter, but at least it's intent in world building, albeit a tad too much at once. Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
Boilerplate exposition, the manga :huh:

The MTL reads fine, although I wonder if "plate-class" is meant to be something else :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
As the saying goes, “Children are a poor man’s riches.”

There’s such a saying? Damn, no wonder there’s overpopulation and poverty everywhere…

Group Leader
Boilerplate exposition, the manga :huh:

The MTL reads fine, although I wonder if "plate-class" is meant to be something else :thonk:
Nice, Thanks for the point out. Actually, I have two choices for this part, either it's "Plate" or "Slate".
I picked the former because that is what the Furigana text is if I'm not wrong.
What do you think? Should I change it to "Slate"? or if you have any suggestions I'd like to hear it.

Capture.png
Capture.png

Dex-chan lover
Nice, Thanks for the point out. Actually, I have two choices for this part, either it's "Plate" or "Slate".
I picked the former because that is what the Furigana text is if I'm not wrong.
What do you think? Should I change it to "Slate"? or if you have any suggestions I'd like to hear it.

Capture.png
Capture.png
Speaking strictly from the English reading perspective, "Slate" fits better as it is a stone (as pictured) and also a common-ish designation for low-class adventurers in other lite-fantasy I've read.

Or another way to think about it, since all of the other ranks are nouns of materials, the translation you pick for this one should likewise be a material rather than an object

Group Leader
Speaking strictly from the English reading perspective, "Slate" fits better as it is a stone (as pictured) and also a common-ish designation for low-class adventurers in other lite-fantasy I've read.

Or another way to think about it, since all of the other ranks are nouns of materials, the translation you pick for this one should likewise be a material rather than an object
Thanks for the feedback, I'll go edit.

Edit:
Done!!! Again, Thank you!!!

Feel free to point out any mistakes, (I've only noticed it now, I'll fix the punctuations tomorrow)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It is good enough for me to understand, but please increase the font size of text on page 7 since it has a lot of blank space to be use.
It is too small to read even with the max width of the page.

Supporter
Man, I appreciate that the author has set up some lore to their story, but presenting it in walls of text consecutively ain't the way to do it. My impatient brain will just speedread through those.
This 100% feels like a editorial struggle to translate the novel into manga, at this point i rather read the novel

Supporter
Question for TL, what's your reason for picking this one up? Because i have no interest to mark this as a reading due to how dull this chapter was, but i'm curious if there's some "gets better in 10 or so chapters" logic going on here

Group Leader
This 100% feels like a editorial struggle to translate the novel into manga, at this point i rather read the novel
Question for TL, what's your reason for picking this one up? Because i have no interest to mark this as a reading due to how dull this chapter was, but i'm curious if there's some "gets better in 10 or so chapters" logic going on here
As far as I know, there's no Translation for the Web Novel / Light Novel.

As to why I picked this, I'm just bored and the artwork is cool (at least for me).

Will it get better? I don't know man, but I hope so.

Group Leader
It is good enough for me to understand, but please increase the font size of text on page 7 since it has a lot of blank space to be use.
It is too small to read even with the max width of the page.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. It's a 2-page spread, I just combined the two.
No, I will not change the size of the font here, they are the same size as the other.
But for the next chapter and going forward, I'll include the un-spread page.

Dex-chan lover
"I think you should give up on this quest MC, you don't don't even have armor"
"Don't worry, I have a plan"

The plan is to just wear armor

Huh? :question:

Users who are viewing this thread