Binetsu Kuukan - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Aggregator gang
Cannot tell you how many times I've seen this character archetype, and it never works. This jealous lesbian misandrist friend who shits all over the male MC in some desperate attempt to make her fall in love with her.
The same character is in 14-sai and is even more of an annoying little worm.

Dex-chan lover
The adoption method then married of is quite "common" topic in a rich family story.
Like when the rich only has daughter and they want a heir they adopt the male and married both "sibling"
tho I don't know the different between adoption and joining the female koseki on/after married,
I mean both result in the same family registry but I guess adoption will mean that the male an official/automatically heir while married of is not.

Dex-chan lover
@JKTV What great points? Imagine not getting into a relationship with a person you are mutually in love with just because you are afraid of breaking up. How can you ever enter any relationship if you are only concerned about breaking up? In fact if that's the line of thinking, it's better to never get romantically interested in anyone. That Iku girl can talk, yes, but she has a forked tongue.

Dex-chan lover
Jeez the comments.

All I'll say is that her final line about admitting to becoming a terrible person is at least some indication of self reflection and growth.

Double-page supporter
*teenage girl in love is not perfect*

Mangadex perfect specimens of ideal maleness: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dex-chan lover
@roankun

Marriage was not invented by the state, nor by any religious authority. Common-law marriage is the original form of marriage. It is not just cohabitation, but a contractual arrangement amongst the married parties, with moral and legal responsibilities created by that contract. Where common-law marriage is not recognized by the state or actively disallowed, the state has seized control of a very basic human relationship.

Group Leader
@Oeconomist

Cool story bro, but we live in a society..... Nah, I'm just pulling your leg lol. I kinda get it, bottomline being that society has put labels on so many things that they get convoluted and stop making sense at some point.

What's stopping two roommates from saying they're common law married, then? Completely a rhetorical question, one I'd rather not ponder on either. Ignorantia juris non excusat, but hey, I'm fine being ignorant lmao. Cheers and thanks for the info!

Dex-chan lover
@roankun
What's stopping two roommates from saying they're common law married, then?
By declaring themselves to be in a common-law marriage, they'd establish moral and legal obligations each to the other, which obligations one or both of them might not want.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

It’s not just about breaking up lol
reread the chapter or at least the speech bubble where she compares a regular break up scenario vs what would happen IF they got together and break up in their family situation

Great point cuz realistically they’re still kids and could totally break up, but since this is a very wholesome manga I highly doubt that would happen anyway

@Kiraidesu
LMFAOOOOO factsss

Dex-chan lover
@roankun Depending on the legal jurisdiction, I don't think there is actually anything at all stopping roommates from declaring themselves common law married. In Canada, two people cohabiting who are going out are, after I believe six months, for legal purposes considered to be common law married whether they actually declare it or not. So yeah, in Canada two roommates would just have to declare themselves an item and in six months the law would take care of the "common law married" part for them.

I knew half of that already.
I... I have no clue why.... must read too much incest.
That said, I don't know the laws for my country either

Dex-chan lover
@JKTV It's still nothing but expecting to break up even before starting a romantic relationship. If you are in love, yet that's all you can think about, it's pretty pitiful. Pitiful like that Iku girl. I understand the cliche "I don't want to confess because if it fails, we can't return to friends like we used to be" way of thinking in school dramas, but if both know it's mutual, then even that condition doesn't exist. What would some awkwardness in their familial relationship, should they break up, be compared to the regret of not going for possibly the greatest love in their life?

Users who are viewing this thread