Birdy the Mighty (II)

can anyone tell me how this compares to the Decode anime (it supposedly adapts this)? Does it cover up to a certain point or all of it? (Or is it anime-original?) Thanks.

Aggregator gang
I read all of this for some reason and I'm still fucking lost. I skipped around the OVA and bits of decode and it didn't help much.

Dex-chan lover
Criminally underrated manga, for sure ! Don't watch the anime, it's just plain bad.

@Ayazel: Disagree. I loved the two season Decode anime, and that's what got me interested in scanslating the manga series in the first place. The music and animation quality was fantastic, Birdy is sassy AF in person when attached with a voice. Season 2's twist was a great departure from the source material in a way that adds to the universe rather than detract from it. What's there not to like?

But hey, to each their own.

@whoamiagain: There's a lot to keep track of, but the Decode anime does not relate to the manga at all after Seaon 1. They go in completely different directions, beyond the initial premise.

@jterra1: I would say Season 1 of Decode follows up to Vol. 4-ish, Season 2 of Decode is completely original and goes its own way.

I really loved reading this manga. It's got my recommendation. It's hard to believe how underrated it is.

Users who are viewing this thread